Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
karlitomagoo

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by karlitomagoo »

I need the functionality I had with the previous version. At this point I don't see a gear to make admin adjustments to my calendars. When will this be fixed? Please advise.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

karlitomagoo wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:37 pm I need the functionality I had with the previous version. At this point I don't see a gear to make admin adjustments to my calendars. When will this be fixed? Please advise.
They haven't gotten there yet. Until they add it back, you can use the floating feedback tab on the calendar to ask for them to do it manually to the back end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Looks like there's been a minor update. You can now click in a date box to create an event.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

caillines wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:41 pm Looks like there's been a minor update. You can now click in a date box to create an event.
That is nice. I am happy they are fixing things that we are submitting via the Feedback button!!!!!
Hopefully the other things will get fixed soon too.
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

Can a bishopric member grant the ability to schedule events on the calendar to other ward leaders? I'm pretty sure they can't, but one of our stake leaders thinks they can so I just wanted to check. None of our RS presidency members can schedule events, but I believe that's due to issues related to calendar 4.0.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hilohi wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:45 pm Can a bishopric member grant the ability to schedule events on the calendar to other ward leaders? I'm pretty sure they can't, but one of our stake leaders thinks they can so I just wanted to check. None of our RS presidency members can schedule events, but I believe that's due to issues related to calendar 4.0.
In the old calendar they could. In 4.0, the ability to manage calendars hasn't been coded yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrbitsch

Post by mrbitsch »

russellhltn wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:57 pm In the old calendar they could. In 4.0, the ability to manage calendars hasn't been coded yet.
Need a facepalm emoji for this one... seems like there's a lot of things in 4.0 that haven't been coded in yet, as I'm getting lots of reports from stake members on problems with the calendar, load times, custom calendars no longer accessible (my Stake President and his Secretary can no longer access his interview calendar), admin stuff is still missing. I mean I've been guilty of asking the church technical team to add more Google-type features, but move fast and break stuff wouldn't have been top on my list. :D
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There was a security issue with the old calendar. That's why they moved to the new one before everything was ready.

You can use the floating feedback tab on the calendar to ask for them to make changes to the calendar rights.

jcutright

Post by jcutright »

It would have been better to remove the capability totally rather then put out something that does not work and only causes frustration. Once people see that something does not work they will not come back once it is fixed. They are forcing people to find other solution for their calendaring needs This is an epic fail :-(
marcogaertner

Post by marcogaertner »

Once people see that something does not work they will not come back once it is fixed
This is 100% true, and is my biggest concern. People are dependent on the calendar, and people will move to a solution that will "always work" and will not come back without being dragged.

There are a million ways to mitigate a security risk, and I am sorry to say that the current path is not a good one. I get that it's hard involving outside help, but in this instance, I believe you need our help.

Return to “Calendar”