New Study Sets Feature Available

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mevans

New Study Sets Feature Available

Post by mevans »

I don't know if this has generally been made available to everyone, or they're doing an A/B test and I happened to get it. They've implemented Study Sets. It's something they did a survey about a few years ago. It's nice to see it implemented. I think it can be helpful for certain needs. I did a brief test and the basics work.
Here's the help page: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/too ... study-sets

While it is nice to see new features implemented, I do wish they would concentrate more on fundamental usability and stability improvements in the study tools. I've been using the online study tools for over 10 years now and I still feel like we're beta testing them. I fear the average, non-technical person trying to use them might just give up out of frustration.
BrianEdwards

Re: New Study Sets Feature Available

Post by BrianEdwards »

Thanks for the pointers! The help doc does state it was last updated on Sep 21, 2022, which may or may not correspond to the date it was actually made available (we've all seen times when the Church has the documentation precede the release of the functionality). I imagine study sets will be a great help to many members.

I may actually consider trying once more to use online scripture marking in my personal study. I'm hopelessly old-school when it comes to scripture marking, although that's almost the only thing I ever use my physical scriptures for anymore. But as mevans mentions, I think I probably fall into the category of those for whom the study sets won't make much difference, it's the frustration of "usability and stability" I've felt over the years trying to use online study tools that probably has discouraged me from trying anymore.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”