U.S. 1950 Census Reports

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
gemillward

U.S. 1950 Census Reports

Post by gemillward »

Current indexing reports do not include results from the U.S. 1950 U.S. Census Project because it was done in a different format. As a result our stake/ward indexing results look terrible for 2022. When will statistical results become available for the Census? It would be nice to be able to include these numbers in our report to our family history leaders by the end of the year.

Gerald S. Millward
Stake Temple and Family History Consultant
Mesa Arizona Salt River Stake
gemillward

Re: U.S. 1950 Census Reports

Post by gemillward »

Since November I've been asking this question and all I get is "They are working on it". Our Stake is in the process of setting goals for 2023 and it would be nice to be able to get some reports on how the "Review Names" program is doing. Meanwhile the statistics for our Stake only reflect the "regular" Indexing work, which continue to go down. Is somebody actually working on this?
gemillward

Post by gemillward »

Looks like nobody is interested in this topic except me. Nobody at FamilySearch to talk to any more. Shame.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I'm interested in the topic, but like you have no ability to push FamilySearch on their timelines or projects. With the other challenges right now, I expect this one is not a terribly high priority but they did state there was a plan to make the 1950 census indexing visible with regular indexing at some point.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

As I recall, the 1950 census project was not considered to be an indexing project, since Ancestry performed the initial OCR work, and our volunteers only reviewed and adjusted the results. I would not expect to see any of our volunteer work to be counted in any indexing statistics. In my opinion.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”