Audio & Gospel Library app in general are crashing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
TMSwift

Re: Audio & Gospel Library app in general are crashing

Post by TMSwift »

Same, for a few days. App and iOS software updated.
doncrowther

Post by doncrowther »

Same for me, happening on both iPad and iPhone, one which has significantly more unused ram available than the other.

Tech support - it started for me on 11/22/22. I did upgrade to the newest IOS around that time on my phone, (iphone 16.1.1) but my iPad was not updated, it's on 15.6.1, so I don't think it's the most recent upgrade.

It dies 5 times then seems relatively stable, until I change chapters, then it starts over again. But the last 2 days it doesn't achieve stability at all, just keeps crashing over and over again.

The crash is complete - I'm in the program then totally out of Library and on the main screen.

I don't know what else to tell you to be helpful.

But you can definitely help all of us. Those of us who have made the investment in our markings, notes and everything, are finding the frustration this is causing causes the spirit to get up and leave the room, not the desired happening when studying the scriptures.

Could we please please get some acknowledgement that someone from support has seen this issue and it is being worked on?

Don
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not a developer, but I wonder what would happen if you were to disable your network connection prior to opening the app. This has the ring of a sever connection issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cmjlatham

Post by cmjlatham »

I’m having the same problem on my IPhone. In the last few days, the app keeps crashing after a few seconds. It’s the most recent version of the app.
missysmilea

Post by missysmilea »

Came here to say the same thing. App is crashing every time.
bikr_mm

Post by bikr_mm »

It appears that I am having the same issue. Once in a while I’ll get 30 minutes out of the Gospel Library app but for the last week, almost two now, it crashes after 10-30 seconds of being opened. Scrolling through content, reading, adding a bookmark, videos, whatever I’m looking at the app will crash. After several attempts it will remain on for my morning scripture study - but it takes 5-10 restarts. Oddly, there are no messages when it restarts or when it crashes…just picks up where I left off.
AndruwSorensen

Post by AndruwSorensen »

The same thing is happening to me on my phone. It does work if I am in airplane mode, but when I turn airplane mode off, the app crashes within 30 seconds.
I guess my best suggestion for a temporary fix would be to turn off cellular data for Gospel Library then turn off Wi-Fi and use the app like that.
D2Dibs

Post by D2Dibs »

Same. Both wife and I. Crashes after 30 seconds. Reboot and reinstall not helping. iOS 16.1.1
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 6.3.4 for iOS has been released, which should fix the random crashes many have been seeing over the past week while using the app. The app was crashing while updating content because of some changes in sqldiff (https://www.sqlite.org/sqldiff.html), which the content server uses to package content updates.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
tenwork

Post by tenwork »

Same crashing experience after a few moments of it being open )IOS for iPad , Im running 15.7

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”