Can't Delete or Modify any Events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
skunkmonkey

Can't Delete or Modify any Events

Post by skunkmonkey »

Ever since the 4.0 calendar released no one in my stake has been able to edit or delete any events on the calendar even the event creators! Do we have an ETA on these bug fixes? As the stake building coordinator I'm being inundated with calendar requests and I'm stuck until I can clear out the recurring events that some eager beavers registered that they never should have since the stake hadn't announced the building rotation yet.

Is there a workaround while we wait for a fix? I'm seriously thinking of telling the stake to announce a Google calendar and ditch the Church calendar all together I'm so desperate.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't Delete or Modify any Events

Post by russellhltn »

skunkmonkey wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:33 pm Ever since the 4.0 calendar released no one in my stake has been able to edit or delete any events on the calendar even the event creators!
That's the first report of that I've seen. Is there anything about your stake that would be different from the average stake? Identifying the corner case would help the developers figure out what's going on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
skunkmonkey

Post by skunkmonkey »

Our stake is massively overcrowded. There are 4 wards meeting in the same building, and we've been splitting wards a lot due to phenomenal growth. I'm not sure if that matters or not. We have 3 church buildings in our stake, and each building has its own calendar, and the stake center has its own calendar.

The problem is not just me, literally no one is able to edit or delete events once they have been created, including the event creator.
skunkmonkey

Post by skunkmonkey »

If it helps, our stake is the Saratoga Springs Utah Springside Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It looks like you share a building with a neighboring stake. That might be playing a role in the issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
skunkmonkey

Post by skunkmonkey »

Yeah our stake is so overfull that one of our wards meets in a church that's in a different stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

skunkmonkey wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:24 am Yeah our stake is so overfull that one of our wards meets in a church that's in a different stake.
I could see that causing a problem for events at that location, but it would be odd if it affected other events. Especially locationless ones.

Anyway, "they" are looking at it.

skunkmonkey

Post by skunkmonkey »

Thank you. I really appreciate all of your efforts. The church calendar system is really a life saver for building coordinators!
pellidude

Post by pellidude »

I am the Building Coordinator in the Woodburn, Oregon building in the Keizer, Oregon Stake. I'm having the same problem, cannot edit or remove anything from the calendar. You are not alone!

With Christmas coming up people are asking for all sorts of scheduling needs and I can't help them to the best of my ability without the calendar working correctly.
skunkmonkey

Post by skunkmonkey »

One more helpful piece of information. It appears that I'm able to edit and delete existing events in 2022, but not 2023. Just this morning I was able to delete an existing future event in December 2022, but when I tried to delete a recurring event in 2023 nothing happens. The dialog that lets me remove the events just sits there doing nothing when I press remove.

Return to “Calendar”