Who updates the full time missionaries assigned to a ward?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
ivan72

Who updates the full time missionaries assigned to a ward?

Post by ivan72 »

On Member Tools app, our ward shows 7 full time missionaries assigned to us, none of which is accurate. Who is responsible for updating this information? (I might guess this must be the Mission).

FYI, I’m the stake HC’er over missionary work, looking for answers.
caillines

Re: Who updates the full time missionaries assigned to a ward?

Post by caillines »

It's not done at the stake level. My guess would be one of the mission office secretaries. Keep in mind that they might be assigned to the ward, but just not physically in the ward at the moment.
If it's been inaccurate for a long time, you could raise it at your next Stake Missionary Correlation Meeting and see if someone needs a nudge to update it.
nickwadeclark

Post by nickwadeclark »

I am having a similar issue. When I look up missionaries in Member Tools on my iPhone it lists 12 missionaries, some of whom have long since gone home. But when I look at missionaries on my iPad using Member Tools it just shows our current Missionaries. This is after both have been updated
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just for giggles, try logging out and back in. That seems to be a bigger data "reset" than simply updating. If they're still there, I'd pester the mission, perhaps though the ward mission leader.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

nickwadeclark wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:16 am I am having a similar issue. When I look up missionaries in Member Tools on my iPhone it lists 12 missionaries, some of whom have long since gone home. But when I look at missionaries on my iPad using Member Tools it just shows our current Missionaries. This is after both have been updated
On your iPhone, in member tools, go to settings, then click on refresh data. That should solve the issue.

Return to “Member Tools”