Covenant Path data for investigators and new members

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
ivan72

Covenant Path data for investigators and new members

Post by ivan72 »

Under the “Covenant Path Progress” report in LCR, there are subsections for “New Members” and “People being taught.”

I assume that the local full time missionaries are fully responsible for all data input for investigators, correct?

So who has responsibility for inputting and tracking data for the new members? For example …. Sacrament meeting attendance and lessons taught. Is there training material I can reference for how to better use My Covenant Path, as a leader? :?:
davesudweeks

Re: Covenant Path data for investigators and new members

Post by davesudweeks »

As Elder's Quorum President, I have access to record Sacrament meeting attendance for new members (I don't know who else can) in LCR. However, we were instructed in our training from the Stake to not do that and allow the new members to self-report their attendance. I have noticed some are not recording their attendance and have to bite my tongue to keep from going in and recording it for them (I have reported this in our ward).

I suspect the full time missionaries or the Ward Mission Leader are responsible for recording lessons taught - I cannot see that in LCR. Your Stake HC over missionary work or your full time missionaries should have training materials if anything formal is available - it may be self-built by stake/mission.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Has this replaced the New and Returning Member Report? I know that report had some issues, including the inability to save the data entered into it for future reference. Thus, although it was generated and fillable, it was essentially a paper tracking form.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

davesudweeks wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:48 am As Elder's Quorum President, I have access to record Sacrament meeting attendance for new members (I don't know who else can) in LCR. However, we were instructed in our training from the Stake to not do that and allow the new members to self-report their attendance.
How would a new member self report? They do not have any means electronically to do that. Only missionaries, ward mission leader, and ward council members have the means to electronically record attendance for a new member.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ivan72

Post by ivan72 »

davesudweeks wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:48 am As Elder's Quorum President, I have access to record Sacrament meeting attendance for new members (I don't know who else can) in LCR. However, we were instructed in our training from the Stake to not do that and allow the new members to self-report their attendance. I have noticed some are not recording their attendance and have to bite my tongue to keep from going in and recording it for them (I have reported this in our ward).

I suspect the full time missionaries or the Ward Mission Leader are responsible for recording lessons taught - I cannot see that in LCR. Your Stake HC over missionary work or your full time missionaries should have training materials if anything formal is available - it may be self-built by stake/mission.

I am that HC……. And have no clue. 🤷🏻‍♂️
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jdlessley wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:32 pm How would a new member self report? They do not have any means electronically to do that. Only missionaries, ward mission leader, and ward council members have the means to electronically record attendance for a new member.
Sorry, I'm only reporting what we were told in the training. Our assigned missionaries were conducting the training and said new members did have access to record their own Sacrament attendance but did not explain how (and I didn't question them on their statement).
brichardson1972

Post by brichardson1972 »

Here is training that was put together by the church.

https://assets.churchofjesuschrist.org/ ... aining.pdf
brichardson1972

Post by brichardson1972 »

Here is another link that might help

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/too ... t?lang=eng
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

@brichardson1972, thanks for providing links to that official training! It's pretty clear from the Forum that this training hasn't made it downstream to everyone it should have. It's always a pleasant surprise when somebody points out that existing resources are available, and the training seems pretty thorough.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”