Possible Phishing Scheme?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mranderson1984

Possible Phishing Scheme?

Post by mranderson1984 »

I received this email from “ServiceNow” saying that “Global Services Department” resolved a “donation question” case (see attached screenshot, covered up my name).

I don’t recall ever having a “donation question”, let alone submitting some weird service ticket for it! I’m not even certain that this is the actual way the church resolves technical issues.

So!…I thought I put this forth on the forums, ask if anyone is aware of any phishing attempts like this going around lately? And if I’m the only one so far…I guess this can serve as a warning to look out for this?
Attachments
C8F99D2E-F3C6-4D5F-8CBE-29105FC088CA.jpeg
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Possible Phishing Scheme?

Post by russellhltn »

It looks right to me. The test would be to see if the links point to a church domain or not.

Most phishing attempts will say something such that you want to click on the link (Like your order for $300 has been placed). The wording on this is too ignorable.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”