wireless printer not seen by computer

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
rrwwff

wireless printer not seen by computer

Post by rrwwff »

New Xerox B235 printer connects to Liahona network, but when I try to add printer MACaddress to Group Policy, computer doesnt find printer. Can add MACaddress manually but still no connection between computer and printer.
Any help appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: wireless printer not seen by computer

Post by russellhltn »

I'd assign the printer a fixed IP address. Use the "add a printer" function, "The printer I want isn't listed", "Add a printer using an IP address or hostname".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rrwwff

Post by rrwwff »

the printer is not found withits IP address; i.e., I ping the IP address with no response
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rrwwff wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:47 am the printer is not found withits IP address; i.e., I ping the IP address with no response
Not all devices respond to a ping. Try accessing it from a web browser using it's IP as many printers do run a web service.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

rrwwff wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:27 pm New Xerox B235 printer connects to Liahona network, but when I try to add printer MACaddress to Group Policy, computer doesnt find printer. Can add MACaddress manually but still no connection between computer and printer.
Any help appreciated.
Under Select Group Policy:, be sure "Iot" is NOT selected. To see devices on the public network it should be set to "NoSplash".
rrwwff

Post by rrwwff »

Group policy was set to no splash and used browser to search for IP address but to no avail. I took printer home and connected it to my home wireless w/o problem so issue is with wireless network at church....
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

After the printer's connected to Liahona, please print the Network Setup Page.

From the control panel, navigate to: Settings --> Reports --> Network --> Network Setup Page

I'm curious what it shows for the following in the Wireless Section of the report:
IP (IPv4) Address
Net Mask
Gateway
DNS Server
rrwwff

Post by rrwwff »

attached wireless report
Attachments
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd check on a connected computer to see what the DNS is set to. If the printer is not getting the DNS from the network, that would explain why it's not connecting.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I checked the DNS. That's correct for a meetinghouse, so that's not the issue.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”