Youth Broadcast January 29

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
miglet

Youth Broadcast January 29

Post by miglet »

So, the church calendar says 1/29 at 7 pm but the articles say 1/29 at 4 pm. I know it's being recorded on the 22nd at the later hour. But, which is it? As a calendar person, I'm trying to coordinate with the stake youth leaders and we're all finding different information depending on which page is being looked at!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Youth Broadcast January 29

Post by russellhltn »

Good question. The Official Communication Library has it listed as 7 PM MST.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Nogdog

Post by Nogdog »

We have the same question. Surely they wouldn't put a broadcast at 9pm eastern on a school night when these same kids need to get up for early morning seminary. I think someone fat fingered the 7pm and meant 4pm. I've put in a ticket to the global help desk to see if they will clarify.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I agree it's pretty late, but there's only one source that says 4 PM, all the others say 7 PM including the Official Communication Library.

The YSA firesides have nearly always been 6 PM.

I also submitted feedback. We'll see what happens.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

And as it turns out, neither is correct. The Church Newsroom says
A youth Face to Face event originally scheduled for January 29, 2022, has been rescheduled to [deleted to avoid creating even more confusion].

The change was due to [old news].
The [link no longer needed] complete article shares more.
miglet

Post by miglet »

That article was for 2022. I’m trying to figure out 2023! I’m glad there are others trying to figure this out, too!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

miglet wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:40 am That article was for 2022. I’m trying to figure out 2023! I’m glad there are others trying to figure this out, too!
Ooops! That was a very significant detail that I missed. Sorry about that. No translation for me this week!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It is pretty bad when both times are coming from the official Newsroom in different articles. I have sent them feedback and asked for clarification.

If it is any consolation, the Live Broadcast event timer is counting down to 7 pm Mountain Time that day. That does not mean it cannot change, of course.

To top it off, I got the timer information from the old page. The New Experience page has a link that is broken and does not go to the program. I hope they fix that one before the broadcast begins, at whatever time that will be.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:45 pm I have sent them feedback and asked for clarification.
The Global Services Department responded to me today with a note that the broadcast will begin at 7:00 pm, They also said that the original newsroom article has had an asterisk added with a note that the time of the broadcast has changed from what was originally announced. The correct time was not added to the article.

There must be some nearly insurmountable obstacle to getting approval to make changes to "official" postings. We now have an article with the wrong time and a note that says the time is wrong, but that does not show the correct time.

We also have an article that has the correct time, 7:00 pm Mountain Time.
miglet

Post by miglet »

The calendar now says 4:00 MST. I appreciate your information but I am still thoroughly confused!

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”