Ability to print calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mstarlip

Ability to print calendar

Post by mstarlip »

I am working on putting together our unit's annual history, which requires the ward calendar. Is printing the calendar still a disabled function, or I am just missing it somewhere?
caillines

Re: Ability to print calendar

Post by caillines »

Hasn't been implemented yet from what I can tell.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mcbeeler wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:10 am Why can I not print the calendar? When will it be available??
Due to security issues, the new calendar was pushed out before all of the features were ready. I'm not aware of a time line or order for the old features to return.

I think it's safe to say it won't be this week. Given how things are going, I wouldn't plan on it being available this month.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cosimpson

Post by cosimpson »

Still not able to print the calendar. The history is soon due to be sent. Does anyone have an update or estimate on when the printing capability will be available?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cosimpson wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:04 pm Still not able to print the calendar. The history is soon due to be sent. Does anyone have an update or estimate on when the printing capability will be available?
Unlikely to be soon enough.

If it were me, I'd just do 12 screen shots of month view and call it good. If someone doesn't like it, I'd be open to reasonable suggestions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
snlutz

Post by snlutz »

I had thought of screen snapshots. Any suggestions on how to get more items in the daily blocks. I get a whole bunch of Sundays that have 2 items and a +8, or +6, etc. on every Sunday.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

If I were you, I would ask the stake clerk for his advice on what to do. It isn't the unit's fault the new calendar had to be rolled out before it was ready. He can advise if he would prefer you to submit without a calendar printout or wait until the print capability is available.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

snlutz wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am I had thought of screen snapshots. Any suggestions on how to get more items in the daily blocks. I get a whole bunch of Sundays that have 2 items and a +8, or +6, etc. on every Sunday.
Maximize the browser, and use Ctrl - to zoom out. It gives more, but may not be enough. (ctrl zero to reset to normal)

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

snlutz wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am I had thought of screen snapshots. Any suggestions on how to get more items in the daily blocks. I get a whole bunch of Sundays that have 2 items and a +8, or +6, etc. on every Sunday.
I get a whole bunch of dates that have one item and then a bigger +n for the day. I thought of printing from week view but there are two problems with that. First, there are a lot of pages (52) and, second, if more than one event took place at the same time, there will still be a +1 or more.

I have not figured out a way yet to print the calendar for the annual history.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:46 am I get a whole bunch of dates that have one item and then a bigger +n for the day.
What is your screen resolution, how big is the browser windows, and what zoom settings are you using?

I have a 1600 x 900 on a laptop. At full screen at 100% zoon, I get 3 items before I get the +n. If I zoom out some, I can fit 4 events.

Return to “Calendar”