links de livros antigos da igreja

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
v_hugodasilva

links de livros antigos da igreja

Post by v_hugodasilva »

alguém aqui teria links para livros antigos da igreja tais como exemplo os blocos de edificação do universo
BrianEdwards

Re: links de livros antigos da igreja

Post by BrianEdwards »

Many books and articles the Church used to have available are not currently accessible. And there are many books that were never officially published by the Church, but that many Church members may have bought from other distributors. Others probably have a much better understanding, but the impression I get is that in recent decades the Church has tended towards only publishing materials that are focused on what I'd call "core doctrines", and that material such as the Building Blocks of the Universe which contain concepts and principles that the Church hasn't officially declared a position on, are not distributed or made available by the Church in their official sites. I have no idea if the Building Blocks of the Universe you refer to was ever something that the Church published, but I would think a Google search would be the best bet. But again, maybe other Forum members know of websites that might have links to old books like what you refer to.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

There are also many older publications with copyright restrictions from before the electronic age. Sometimes the Church is able to obtain copyright permissions and then publish them electronically. Sometimes they are edited to exclude the restricted material and then published online.

This is why many illustrations are missing from earlier Church magazines that are otherwise available online.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

"Building Blocks of the Universe" is an article/talk by Cleon Skousen, who was an influential Latter-day Saint speaker in the 1980s and 1990s (though not a general authority). As far as I know, it has never been published or endorsed by the Church. I looked it up on Google and reading through it, it might be interesting to some, but it gets into doctrinal speculation a little more than I'm comfortable with. (This is just my personal opinion.)

There are a lot of materials in the Gospel Library app, including general conference talks and magazine articles going back a few decades, that provide a lot of potential reading material.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”