What is the unit number for church headquarters (to transfer excess budget)?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jplehn

What is the unit number for church headquarters (to transfer excess budget)?

Post by jplehn »

I need to enter a transfer of budget funds to church headquarters but I can't find the unit number to use. Anyone know?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What is the unit number for church headquarters (to transfer excess budget)?

Post by russellhltn »

Is this from a ward or a stake? Wards turn excess over to the stake. Only the stake excesses are turned back to the church. (34.6.2.3)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
silus99

Re: What is the unit number for church headquarters (to transfer excess budget)?

Post by silus99 »

Trying to do it from the Stake level and Headquarters is only an option when selecting "Ward Missionary" as the From category. Any other one I select which has our excess funds (all Budget categories) causes the Headquarters option to disappear from the To Category and requires a unit number for external transfer. I can leave the "From" Category blank, but the system does not allow the transaction to complete. All of my From Categories are Budget categories (except for the Ward Missionary one).
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

For "From" you must use "Budget: Budget Allocations"
For "To" select "Out of Unit" then the top entry in the pull-down will be "Headquarters"
The form seems a little finicky, so if it doesn't work the first time, start over and try again.
silus99

Post by silus99 »

That worked! Thanks!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”