Tithing Declaration

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Hilohi

Tithing Declaration

Post by Hilohi »

On the Tithing Declaration webpage/tab, it says: "After 1 January, when all declarations are complete, a “Declarations Complete” message will display". Where on the webpage does that message appear as I'm not seeing it on the Tithing Declaration webpage/tab. Also, I vaguely remember there being a submit button on the Tithing Declaration webpage in years past, but I'm not seeing it this year. Is it actually missing this year or am I not remembering correctly?
garystroble

Re: Tithing Declaration

Post by garystroble »

Hilohi wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:57 am On the Tithing Declaration webpage/tab, it says: "After 1 January, when all declarations are complete, a “Declarations Complete” message will display". Where on the webpage does that message appear as I'm not seeing it on the Tithing Declaration webpage/tab. Also, I vaguely remember there being a submit button on the Tithing Declaration webpage in years past, but I'm not seeing it this year. Is it actually missing this year or am I not remembering correctly?
My understanding is that the submit button will not be there any more, but the instructions you quoted will prevail.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Hilohi wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:57 am On the Tithing Declaration webpage/tab, it says: "After 1 January, when all declarations are complete, a “Declarations Complete” message will display".
The submit button was there is years past, but it has gone away. It is no longer needed. Every time you make an entry, your information is "submitted".

I do not know where the Declarations Complete message will display. But if it is not displaying, I would guess that there are still one or two declarations that have not yet been recorded.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:47 pm
Hilohi wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:57 am On the Tithing Declaration webpage/tab, it says: "After 1 January, when all declarations are complete, a “Declarations Complete” message will display".
I do not know where the Declarations Complete message will display. But if it is not displaying, I would guess that there are still one or two declarations that have not yet been recorded.
There is a Completed Declarations progress bar just below the Print button on the right of the page. Since our unit is not at 100% yet I am speculating the progress bar will be replaced by the Declarations Complete message either when 100% is met and/or on 15 January, the closeout date.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
b78clark

Post by b78clark »

Error or Question: Tithing Declaration -> Individual Donations page. When I'm done it doesn't return to the same page/location. "Back to Tithing Declaration" is same as browser <- button. Have to scroll 10 pages to find my place again. I thought it was the browser "auto fill" it would put my user name into the search field. But even on different browser, l no auto fill = same results.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:47 pm
The submit button was there is years past, but it has gone away. It is no longer needed. Every time you make an entry, your information is "submitted".

There is a job that runs once a day (starting Jan 1st) that checks if all the people in your unit at the end of the year have been declared, if so it marks your unit as submitted.
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

Our Tithing Declaration report is 100% complete and displays as Declaration complete. I have reviewed it a few times (with both individual or Household selected). Every line is completed and has a check at the far right.

However, under "Record Keeping Status" it shows that our Tithing Declaration report has not been submitted.

Is this just a bug in the status display?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Yes. This last year the whole tithing declaration process moved from our legacy system to the new system, only the Record Keeping Status somehow got missed in that move, so it is reading its status from the legacy system which isn't being updated. This was very recently discovered by our teams. I haven't heard yet what the plan is to deal with that.

MurdockM, in the new system your unit is correctly marked as submitted.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”