Who moved a record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
andybjorn

Who moved a record

Post by andybjorn »

Membership clerk here. Someone in my ward had their record moved out of my ward today into the ‘address unknown’ unit. I didn’t do it and neither did the bishop. Is there any way for me (or for the bishop) to see who moved this person’s record out?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Who moved a record

Post by rmrichesjr »

Also a membership clerk. There's not a way in LCR that I know of to find out who pushed the button that moved a record out. If it were essential to find out, GSD might be able to find out, but they might not be able to tell you. Fortunately, if you catch an errant move-out less than a year after it happened, you can use the Members Moved Out report to get the full name and date of birth to move the records back in to your ward. However, callings and ministering assignments will have to be entered manually.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

andybjorn wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:44 pm Membership clerk here. Someone in my ward had their record moved out of my ward today into the ‘address unknown’ unit. I didn’t do it and neither did the bishop. Is there any way for me (or for the bishop) to see who moved this person’s record out?
As far as I know, no one outside of the unit would do that. I'm sure church HQ could, but I doubt if they would. In the local unit, only the Bishop, Ward Clerk, and Assistant Ward Clerk - Membership could do it. Maybe Assistant Ward Clerk could do it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Just speculating - do you have 2 members with similar names (or the same last name)? Is it possible someone moved the wrong record by mistake?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Also just speculating: In theory, a leader or clerk in another ward could move (by mistake) records from your ward to his ward and then move them to address unknown. If enough time elapsed between those two move events, you might be able to compare the date on the Members Moved Out report vs. the field on the member profile page that shows how long the record was in the previous unit (address unknown).
jake.buhler

Post by jake.buhler »

I had a similar event occur in our Ward.
On Jan 29, 2023, 5 individuals showed up on the 'Members Moved Out' list and the New Unit is listed as 'Address Unknown' but no one had asked for them to be moved.
If I look at the 'Finding Lost Members' list it shows also on Jan 29, 2023, 4 separate individuals who were part of the families of the members who were moved out, were added to the list.
Something happened that none of the clerks or bishopric did that moved several families and individuals and we are having trouble tracking it down.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jake.buhler wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:31 pm I had a similar event occur in our Ward.
On Jan 29, 2023, 5 individuals showed up on the 'Members Moved Out' list and the New Unit is listed as 'Address Unknown' but no one had asked for them to be moved.

I'd call GSD on Tuesday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”