ASL Camera in a Stake Center Chapel and vibrations issues solved

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
Allen.Luker

ASL Camera in a Stake Center Chapel and vibrations issues solved

Post by Allen.Luker »

In December 2022 we finally installed and expensive Camera mount that we intended to install 3 years ago. That we have improved the vibration issue on the Center (ASL) Camera in the Stake Center chapel with this expensive camera mount. In the attached document we suggest some things that the FM group could have a Contractor do to reduce the vibration in mechanical room. It would probably have a high dollar cost. It gets me wondering If HVAC system is just getting old, perhaps over time it will be replaced with a system that has better vibration mitigation. We think over time that the HD PTZ cameras will be improved and will have added vibration cancellation and will be available at a reasonable price. In the attached document, we explain why the old camera did not have the vibration issue.

This posting also gives high level overview about how we use OBS with ASL Control PC to present the output of these cameras along with using Zoom
Attachments
Bennion Stake chapel ASL Camera Vibration mitigation_rev6.pdf
(3.51 MiB) Downloaded 220 times
brad_p

Re: ASL Camera in a Stake Center Chapel and vibrations issues solved

Post by brad_p »

This is a great post. We just got an AV upgrade in our stake center and we have the same vibration issues. We heard from our sound tech who gave us a run through that this is a problem throughout the church, they keep insisting that center back is the right spot, and they also install cameras right next to HVACs (and sometimes HVACs are being supported directly by the building frame). Then everything shakes. We would have been much better off having the camera in the back corner rather than back center.

So we've got some rough vibrations that's making broadcasts distracting. I was going to report it and/or just move the camera myself.

But memory foam in the base may be a much easier solution overall. The only issue for me is how to place it. I've just got a simple bracket, according to this sideview:

Code: Select all

w |
a |
l |    camera here
l +--------------------
I can put foam in between the camera and the base, but how do I stop the camera from getting bumped off by something like a child throwing a ball at it?

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”