Sacred Music - Instrumental mode?

Abelhawk

Sacred Music - Instrumental mode?

Post by Abelhawk »

I can't figure out how to play songs without the vocals. On version 1, it was easy to just switch between instrumental and vocals, but now I can't find the option anywhere. I've looked on the song list settings page, the Now Playing tab and its accompanying settings page, but there doesn't seem to be the option. Does anyone know where to find it or was it taken off with the update to version 2?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Sacred Music - Instrumental mode?

Post by jdlessley »

On the Android version, after tapping the listen icon (headset) tap the kebab menu (vertical ellipsis menu) and then tap Music Only.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you long-press the Play or Shuffle button, it will let you choose the audio type. Unfortunately, it's not very discoverable. I'd recommend sending feedback through the app in Settings!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
james.gurr@missionary.org

Post by james.gurr@missionary.org »

jdlessley wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:49 pm On the Android version, after tapping the listen icon (headset) tap the kebab menu (vertical ellipse menu) and then tap Music Only.
Kebab Menu:
Kebab Menu
Kebab Menu
Selection (Words and Music or just Music):
Select Choice
Select Choice
brynnahunter

Post by brynnahunter »

Hold hold the play button or the shuffle button in an album.
Attachments
65457A00-6E3F-4519-BDC5-8CA8339E5383.png
mateogrande437

Post by mateogrande437 »

That option to choose between Music only and Words and Music does not appear in this latest update as of Sept. 21, 2023. Not sure why that went away. Thankfully the option still exists on the Church's Music app.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mateogrande437 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:52 am That option to choose between Music only and Words and Music does not appear in this latest update as of Sept. 21, 2023. Not sure why that went away. Thankfully the option still exists on the Church's Music app.
Sacred Music is the Church's music app. Is there another music app you're using that doesn't have the option?

The process for changing the audio type has been adjusted in Android Sacred Music. Now, there's a drop-down menu at the top of a list of songs, or inside an individual song, where you can choose the audio type. When you press Play, it will play the audio type that's selected in the drop-down. This same change will be coming to iOS Sacred Music soon.
mktxsis

Post by mktxsis »

I can't find this new drop down list anywhere! I need it on my way to church to prepare to conduct! It's my vocal warmup and lyrics reminder. But it's stuck on instrumental. I don't have a "list of songs" (no idea how to do that either), just the one I'm trying to practice. No drop down includes this option. Can you post screenshots?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

On android, from the main Library screen I select Hymns, and then any hymn. The resulting page looks like the following, do you not have drop-down menu for "Choir / Congregation" or "Accompaniment "?
Attachments
Screenshot_20230925_100413_Sacred Music.jpg
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mktxsis wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:57 am I can't find this new drop down list anywhere! I need it on my way to church to prepare to conduct! It's my vocal warmup and lyrics reminder. But it's stuck on instrumental. I don't have a "list of songs" (no idea how to do that either), just the one I'm trying to practice. No drop down includes this option. Can you post screenshots?
Here are screenshots from iOS Sacred Music 2.1.0. You choose an audio type by long-pressing on the Play button.
In version 2.2.0 this will change and will be more like the Android screenshot posted by BrianEdwards.
Attachments
IMG_5128.PNG
Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 12.23.55 PM.jpeg

Return to “Mobile Applications”