Change My Email Address

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
vmsangweni

Change My Email Address

Post by vmsangweni »

Hi there, can you please help me out by changing my email address on the system, the previous email address was [email address removed], however the one that is active now is [email address removed]
Last edited by jdlessley on Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: remove email address
davesudweeks

Change My Email Address

Post by davesudweeks »

vmsangweni wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:34 am Hi there, can you please help me out by changing my email address on the system, the previous email address was [email address removed], however the one that is active now is [email address removed]
You can ask your ward or branch clerk to change it for you. Or if you want to change it yourself:
1. Log in to the church web site and click on your picture in the upper right corner of the page (or there may be a icon there if you don't have a picture uploaded)
2. Select "Account Settings"
3. In your contact settings on the left, click on "Email address"
4. Update your email address in the box that shows your old email address.
5. Click the Save button when finished
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Change My Email Address

Post by jdlessley »

@vmsangweni, your post was edited to remove your email address. This is a public forum and anyone worldwide can see what you post. There are some people who will use your personal information to take advantage of you.
vmsangweni wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:34 am Hi there, can you please help me out by changing my email address on the system, the previous email address was [email address removed], however the one that is active now is [email address removed]
No one here on the Forum and make changes for you. You can change your contact information, email address and telephone number, yourself. You can do it online in the Ward Directory and Map or through your Church Account. You can also change it using the Member Tools mobile app. If you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself you can ask your ward clerk to make the change for you.

To change your email address using the online Ward Directory and Map, sign into the Church website at churchofjesuschrist.org. Select Ward Directory and Map in the waffle menu (nine square dots in a square grid) on the menu bar. Find your household in the directory on the left side of the page and select it. Select your name from the list of household members and click the edit button (pencil inside a blue circle in the lower right corner of the pane. You should now be at the contact tab and see your contact information. Edit your email address and scroll down the pane and click the Save button. Note, you will get a verification email to confirm the change. Follow the instructions in that email.

To change your email address using your Church Account, go to the account login page at account.churchofjesuschrist.org and log in. Scroll down the Profile menu to the Contact Settings section and click Email Address to edit your email address. Click the Save button to save your changes. Note, you will get a verification email to confirm the change. Follow the instructions in that email.

Editing your email address using the Member Tools mobile app is similar to using the online Ward Directory and Map but the user interface is different. Tap the hamburger menu (three stacked horizontal lines at the top left of the app screen), and then tap Directory. Find your household and tap the household name. On the menu bar, tap HOUSEHOLD and then tap your name. Tap the edit icon (pencil in a red circle in the lower right of the screen). You will be at the CONTACT tab and can edit your email address. Save your changes by tapping the check mark in the upper right of the screen. Changes will be synced at the next update. To manually update the app and have your changes processed now, make sure you have an Internet connection either through your phone service provider or through a WIFI connection. Tap the hamburger menu and scroll down the menu to find Update. Tap Update and then tap MANUALLY UPDATE to update your data. Your email change will be updated at this time. I have not tested a change using Member Tools so I am not certain you will get a verification email to confirm the change. However, I would expect one to be sent to you.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dawsonj

Post by dawsonj »

I cannot correct my email address on tools.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dawsonj wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:05 am I cannot correct my email address on tools.
By chance, are you a "child" in a household? I know there was a bug around that. Otherwise, you should be able to do it.

Are you not able to find where to change it, or doesn't it "take"?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

I changed my email address by going to my account settings then contact information. It all seemed to work fine.
But when I tried to send a message to myself in LCR, it was still using the old email address. I wait several days, but it still wasn't working.
I then followed your instructions using the Ward Directory and Map. That worked immediately and correctly.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

currently the Church Account email and the membership record email are not connected. We're working on reconnecting them.
johnm.milnes

Post by johnm.milnes »

dawsonj wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:05 am I cannot correct my email address on tools.
Only those who have LCR Access can change things via the app but even then, not all the changes take hold as there seems to be a systems issue between the app and the Church membership databases.
I am a Ward Clerk so the easiest way to change individual details is to ask the Clerk to do it for you. It is hard if you want to change your email if you are not able to log in to your email address due to hacking or just lost or unable to change the password.
Even I have found it hard to find out how to change details for existing church account users. Clerks are no longer able to access member accounts due to changes in Privacy laws around the world. GDPR as an example.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnm.milnes wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:32 pm Only those who have LCR Access can change things via the app but even then, not all the changes take hold as there seems to be a systems issue between the app and the Church membership databases.
Members should be able to edit their contact information in Member Tools. However, there may be an issue where children in a household can't make changes, even if they are adults.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”