Adjust Household Location appears, often on move-ins

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
robyoungberg

Adjust Household Location appears, often on move-ins

Post by robyoungberg »

I'm the STS, I received a message from a member of the Bishopric from a ward. Many of the members that are moved into the ward have an issue in their records where it says they need to "adjust household location" in place of where the map should be, white text on a purple bar with an exclamation point icon. Has anyone else experienced this and know how to fix it? I get the impression that the secretary, clerk, and members aren't able to fix it but maybe I need more information from them to further diagnose this.
itsgavinc

Re: Adjust Household Location appears, often on move-ins

Post by itsgavinc »

The clerk can absolutely fix this. I do it all the time. Just use the map to drag the pin to the proper location and then confirm it.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

The automatic map locations have not been working for a while in LCR. The clerk has to click on enter new address in maps under the family name, then type the existing address in the box which appears, and then it will correctly put them on the map in the right location. Bizarre, but that is what we have to do for now.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Also keep in mind that if you have new construction, the maps the church references may not be up to date. I have seen it take a couple of years before the pin shows in the correct location on the map in new housing developments (and that long before the homes would show). I used to have to physically drive to the home to see where it was on the road and then reference another map service to know where to drop the pin on the church map.

Also, I believe individual members can place their home pin on the Directory and Map if they want to (at least it will let me do that to my pin, but I'm the EQP so that may be a factor allowing me to do so).

Return to “Membership Help”