YSA Bishoprics access to feeder home ward stakes

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
barwillhansen

YSA Bishoprics access to feeder home ward stakes

Post by barwillhansen »

I am the stake clerk in a YSA stake. Each of our YSA wards have 2-3 home ward stakes that feed into the membership of our YSA wards. I am attempting to get our YSA Bishoprics access to stake rosters in their "Tools" app for all the stakes that feed into them. Can you help me accomplish this?
garystroble

Re: YSA Bishoprics access to feeder home ward stakes

Post by garystroble »

barwillhansen wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:01 am I am the stake clerk in a YSA stake. Each of our YSA wards have 2-3 home ward stakes that feed into the membership of our YSA wards. I am attempting to get our YSA Bishoprics access to stake rosters in their "Tools" app for all the stakes that feed into them. Can you help me accomplish this?
The stakes involved will need to add them as out of unit members to accomplish that. This is a peer to peer discussion group and nobody here can do that for you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The only option I'm aware of would be to create an out-of-unit membership record for each bishopric member in each of the stakes (except for the stake where their actual membership records are held). You may also need to assign them to a standard calling in those stakes. Unfortunately, this may take a lot of coordination to set up, and to update when bishopric members change. And, unless they're put into a leadership calling in those stakes (such as a clerk), they may not get access to the tools they're hoping for anyway (they wouldn't be able to access Leader and Clerk Resources for Send a Message or membership reports in those out-of-unit stakes).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:15 am And, unless they're put into a leadership calling in those stakes (such as a clerk), they may not get access to the tools they're hoping for anyway
Without a leadership calling in that stake, I doubt if they would see anyone in the directory set to "leadership only". Perhaps "ward only" as well. That would likely impact their ability to see some single sisters.

Ultimately, this is something they probably need to talk with their coordinating council to find a better solution. I'm suspecting the answer will be to develop a working relationship with those wards and stakes rather than having direct access to tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”