Ward map problem

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
garystroble

Ward map problem

Post by garystroble »

Ward maps is no longer suggesting a placement on the map for new move-ins or moves within the ward. We have to type the new address into a box in order for the suggested address to appear on the map. This is confusing as it is not the way it used to be, and adds an unnecessary step. Feedback has been submitted multiple times but then after saying the feedback was submitted it comes back and says it was not submitted due to a problem.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ward map problem

Post by jdlessley »

I'm getting the "Sorry, We're Having Trouble, We're sorry, our system is experiencing a problem. Please refresh the page and try again." popup on every map action I take. But other than that, everything appears to be working fine. I can verify locations or place a marker with no issues other than the popup getting in the way as I start any map action (moving, sizing, selecting household, etc.).

The location for new move-ins and address changes within the stake boundaries are being made by the system. The only thing that I see, that has been standard over the last few years, is that the move-ins are not verified. Address changes move the location just fine without any verification required. The only exception is in brand new sub-divisions less than about a year or two old then the location has to be manually placed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garystroble

Re: Ward map problem

Post by garystroble »

Just did a move within our ward. The marker did not move on the map until I made it happen manually. Plus prior to that it did not say unverified or unmapped address. Those things used to happen. And so, no, it is not working as it used to or should.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”