Can't sign into gospel living app

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
sallyreay

Can't sign into gospel living app

Post by sallyreay »

I enter my correct user name and password and get a message saying "try another way to sign in two step security verification is an additional security feature for your church account"
How do I fix this?

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can't sign into gospel living app

Post by sbradshaw »

Which authentication option(s) do you have enabled under Account.ChurchofJesusChrist.org > Two-Step Verification? The mobile apps don't currently support the "Security Key or Built-in Authenticator" option (see this thread: 2-step verification), but the other ones should work.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ronxanderson

Post by ronxanderson »

You likely need to download an authentication app on your phone and use it to log in. This is not explained in the unhelpful message you receive on your phone. I went to https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org ... entication, hoping I could turn off two-step authentication to fix the login problem. Unable, I noticed this webpage indicated I needed biometric authentication and recommended the Okta Verify App. I installed this app and was able to log in. Hope this helps. 😊
ScorupPS

Post by ScorupPS »

I still can’t login to gospel living. I removed the app many times, clear cache, reset password, 2 step verification. Nothing works. Unknown error has occurred. Can anyone help? All the leaders are saying we need to use circles and not GroupMe but I tried everything and nothing. Thanks! Is there a support team for this?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

ronxanderson wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:25 am You likely need to download an authentication app on your phone and use it to log in.
This is not required. I can log in to the Gospel Living app with no problems without 2-factor authentication enabled. I am on an Android device.
Unfortunately, since I don't have any problems logging in, I cannot advise on what your problem might be (other than to confirm it is not due to needing 2-factor authentication).
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

ScorupPS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:19 pm I still can’t login to gospel living. I removed the app many times, clear cache, reset password, 2 step verification. Nothing works. Unknown error has occurred. Can anyone help? All the leaders are saying we need to use circles and not GroupMe but I tried everything and nothing. Thanks! Is there a support team for this?
The first level of tech support would be your local clerk. You should make sure your membership number is attached to the account you are trying to log in with - the Gospel Living app needs your membership number so it knows what ward/branch you are in so you are in the proper circles. Verify with your clerk that the membership number you are using is yours and doesn't have any errors in it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:38 pm This is not required. I can log in to the Gospel Living app with no problems without 2-factor authentication enabled. I am on an Android device.
2FA is not required to be turned on to log into GL, but if it's enabled, I'm pretty sure you've got to jump though that hoop. Some callings/jobs require 2FA.

The apps don't support all of the available modes of 2FA. If 2FA is turned on and the type is not supported by the app, that's going to be a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ScorupPS

Post by ScorupPS »

My MRN is attached to my account and I still can’t login. I can login to tools, family search, basically any church website except gospel living. Is there anything to look for or that can fix the issue?
rplatteruesch

Post by rplatteruesch »

I'm having the same issue. I'm following for a resolution.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

For anyone posting here that they are having problems, it would also be helpful to know if you have ever been successful using Gospel Living. If so, then also describe what (if anything) has changed since you successfully used it (got a new phone, etc).

Providing additional details may help other Forum members provide helpful suggestions. Since this is member-to-member discussion and not tech support, nobody here is likely to spend any personal time trying to run down what might work for you, but they very often have very helpful ideas.

Return to “Gospel Living App”