Out-of-Unit Member Cannot View All of Our Ward Members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jdsorge

Out-of-Unit Member Cannot View All of Our Ward Members

Post by jdsorge »

Hello,

Recently I added a couple from a different stake as out-of-unit members to serve in my ward. Although they appear in LCR and LDS Tools, they can only see about 7 member records total in their LDS Tools app. They have synced multiple times, but only these 7 records will show. I am not sure if this is a privacy issue, limited visibility due to a calling, or another reason I am not yet aware of. Has anyone experienced a similar situation and found a fix?

Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Out-of-Unit Member Cannot View All of Our Ward Members

Post by jdlessley »

Have the out-of-unit members been given a standard calling in the system? How long has it been since the out-of-unit records were created? And if they have been given standard callings and these callings have been entered into LCR, how long has it been since that was done?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What part of the world are you in? In the US, the default privacy is "Stake", but in many other countries like the UK, it's "Private". In those countries, anyone who is not considered a "leader" is likely to see a very empty roster.

Since this couple is "out of unit", perhaps they're not considered part of the ward and only see those with "stake" setting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I'd have them try logging out and back in on the App. I have found multiple times that certain member records haven't synced onto my phone, or that I could see members in one part of the App but not another. Nothing worked to get things synced, but the log out/in process resolved this for me each time.

Return to “Membership Help”