No puedo descargar en iPad 2

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
eneidalucerodiazortiz

No puedo descargar en iPad 2

Post by eneidalucerodiazortiz »

Hola hola, alguna idea para descargar la biblioteca en iPad 2
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: No puedo descargar en iPad 2

Post by sbradshaw »

The iPad 2 (released in March 2011) can update to iOS 9.3.6. The latest version of Gospel Library that runs on iOS 9.3.6 is iOS Gospel Library 4.4.0, which was released in February 2018 (see Gospel Library Release Notes Archive).

The iOS App Store allows you to install the latest version of an app that supports your device (so, it will let you install Gospel Library 4.4.0 on an iPad 2) – but only if you have previously installed any version of the app on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac associated with the same Apple ID. If you have installed Gospel Library previously on any of your devices, it will show up under the "Purchased" or "My Purchases" section of the App Store, and from there you can download it to an older device.

There are some instructions here:
https://appleinsider.com/inside/ios/tips/how-to-get-apps-for-old-iphones-and-ipads

Unfortunately, if you don't have any other Apple devices and have never installed Gospel Library, there isn't a way to download the app on your older device. As a workaround, you might be able to download PDFs or eBooks of Church materials and open them in other apps. Or, if you have a consistent internet connection, you can access Gospel Library content at Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org .

(Note that anything that requires connecting to Church servers – installing content, signing in, syncing annotations, etc. – is not guaranteed to still work on old versions of the app.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:23 pm Note that anything that requires connecting to Church servers – installing content, ... is not guaranteed to still work on old versions of the app.
Since I don't think the standard works are part of the install, I'd think it would be completely unusable if installing from scratch unless the server for 4.4.0 is still running. Is it? I see from the pinned thread it's no longer getting content updates (General Conference, etc.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:58 pm
sbradshaw wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:23 pm Note that anything that requires connecting to Church servers – installing content, ... is not guaranteed to still work on old versions of the app.
Since I don't think the standard works are part of the install, I'd think it would be completely unusable if installing from scratch unless the server for 4.4.0 is still running. Is it? I see from the pinned thread it's no longer getting content updates (General Conference, etc.)
I think the old content files may still be available on the server and the app might still be able to fetch them, but I'm not sure – sadly, I don't have a device on iOS 9 anymore to test. The latest content available for that version of the app won't include the latest general conference or magazines, but the scriptures and older items may be still be accessible.

I do have an iPad 4 with iOS 10.3.4, which can run Gospel Library 5.1.1. Old content was able to install with October 2020 showing as the latest general conference. Annotation sync does not appear to be working.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”