Deleted LDS Member Tools app and now it won’t let me log in or do anything

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
arencher

Re: Deleted LDS Member Tools app and now it won’t let me log in or do anything

Post by arencher »

I’ve had the same issue after deleting lds tools. Just a blank slate, wouldn’t even prompt me to log in, signing out didn’t do anything, nor did uninstalling and reinstalling the app, regardless of the time of day.

I just turned on background app refresh in my iPhone settings for wifi and cellular, and reopened the app and lds tools works again.

Thanks for the tip!
No long password here. iPhone 11, iOS 16.3, lds tools 4.7.1
eqteacher

Post by eqteacher »

Background refresh worked for me too.
rjevans33

Post by rjevans33 »

Had the same problem on iOS 16.1 and Iphone 12. The solution of turning on Background refresh for WiFi worked for me too. See post #14.
chelseanicoledurfee

Post by chelseanicoledurfee »

Fixed!!! It was the Background App Refresh. For my iPhone iOS 16 I went into Settings > About > Background App Refresh > Turned it on for WiFi, and now it works great! I had been trying to turn on the background app refresh in the actual individual app's settings but that wasn't working, but this did the trick. I was able to redownload the app and was immediately given a login prompt. Thank you, everyone!
djohnstun

Post by djohnstun »

Thank you for posting this! I was having problems with my app as well. I followed what you said and now it works!!
MickeyMark

Post by MickeyMark »

I have the same issue. It is as if a stub, or dummy, app (4.7.1) has been released. (iPadOS 15.6.1) I, too, have had the spinning update icon for over an hour. If there is a challenge (i.e. I am not properly logged in, authenticated, etc.) there is no indication of what I have done wrong, or what is wrong. There is no where to login. (Having been a software tester in a previous life, I would indicate that this is a CRITICAL defect. i.e. Data loss. I would also indicate that this is a Priority #1. But that's just me. Some software organizations would label this as a BLOCKER.) Best of luck in getting this app to work, it has been an rather O.K. app.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

MickeyMark wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:06 pm ... Best of luck in getting this app to work, it has been an rather O.K. app.
In case that was intended to be seen by official support folks, please remember this is a user-to-user discussion forum. To report something to official channels, please use the 'Feedback' button or link.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

MickeyMark wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:06 pm I have the same issue. It is as if a stub, or dummy, app (4.7.1) has been released.
Please see this post just up thread of yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrswoolman

Post by mrswoolman »

I am having the exact same issue on my iPhone 13. I can still use the website on my laptop, but it is so much more convenient to have the app on my phone because I usually do not have access to my computer when I am trying to use the app. I'm glad I'm not the only one, but this is very frustrating that it just quit working and deleting and reinstalling just made the situation worse.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mrswoolman wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:59 pm I am having the exact same issue on my iPhone 13.
Did you follow the recommendation in the post just before your post?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”