Ward Calendar Not Working: Give us a moment

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdeleon9

Ward Calendar Not Working: Give us a moment

Post by jdeleon9 »

Hey everyone,

I am a ward clerk and haven't been able to access the ward calendar since December. Whenever I try to open the calendar page on my phone or on my desktop computer (I don't think it matters), the screen pops up as if it is loading and the "give us a moment message" appears with the spinning wheel. I have waited for much longer than a moment (minutes, hours) and it still hasn't loaded the page. Here are the following things that I've tried:
1. Cleared cache and cookies, then tried to re-enter; no luck
2. Used Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox; no dice
3. Typed in calendar.churchofjesuschrist.org in the URL; no bueno

Also there are a few other observations that may be helpful in figuring out what's going on:
-our ward was recently created in December 2022, so may things are still being set-up?
-I have seen in other posts that a new version of the calendar was released on November 15, 2022. Maybe my account is still trying to use the old version that isn't working anymore?
-I have seen that the calendar works fine for other people BUT their calendar only shows stake activities; it does not show ward activities or the activities of other wards that use the same building.

Does anyone have any insight or workaround for this?
caillines

Re: Ward Calendar Not Working: Give us a moment

Post by caillines »

Even though the page doesn't load, does it get to the stage where you see a blue feedback "tab" along the bottom or right of the screen? If so, you use can use that to send through a message asking about it. If you can't see the feedback tab I'd contact the global service centre through LCR ("help"->"contact us").
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdeleon9 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:36 am -our ward was recently created in December 2022, so may things are still being set-up?
That's likely the source of the problem. New wards will not have any calendars. They have to be set up. But currently there's no tools for doing that setup.

I'd suggest using the floating Feedback tab and establishing contact to have calendars set up along with the editors, etc.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jegbert

Post by jegbert »

Our stake was setup November 20th, and our entire stake presidency still has the same issue. "Give Us a Moment" is all we see on our stake calendar, regardless of device, browser, cleared cache, cookies, etc.. I have submitted three requests to the GSD over the past month, even been "elevated" to Tier 2 response, and still nothing for any of us in the presidency.
jdeleon9

Post by jdeleon9 »

Thanks for the insights everyone! The floating feedback tab is greyed out on the ward calendar page with everything else except for the “Give us a moment” message and the spinning wheel. I have contacted the global services department multiple times as well and my issue has also been forwarded to the calendar department (didn’t know that was a thing). But I haven’t heard back from them for a few weeks. Maybe my issue scared them off.

It’s interesting that they never thought to tell me that it’s possible that the calendar for my ward was never set up and that I need to go through the set up process mentioned in a previous post. Maybe I’ll try that approach and see where I get. Although, I just assumed that when we got moved to a different building when our ward was created, that we would at least get access to the existing calendars of the other wards that use the building so that our use of the building doesn’t overlap.

Anyways, stay tuned for a solution I guess?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdeleon9 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:24 pm I just assumed that when we got moved to a different building when our ward was created, that we would at least get access to the existing calendars of the other wards that use the building so that our use of the building doesn’t overlap.
You'd have a shared location calendar, but the ward calendars would be completely separate and invisable outside the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:36 pm
jdeleon9 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:24 pm I just assumed that when we got moved to a different building when our ward was created, that we would at least get access to the existing calendars of the other wards that use the building so that our use of the building doesn’t overlap.
You'd have a shared location calendar, but the ward calendars would be completely separate and invisable outside the ward.
If the stake has the unit calendars set up correctly all someone else in the stake in a different unit has to do to see other units' activities in their building is chose the correct calendar layers. This is not possible in the member app however.
jdeleon9

Post by jdeleon9 »

Hi everyone,

I have an update. The issue of my ward calendar not working has reached the ears of the developers. They said that it was a bug and they have a plan to fix it. It should be hopefully up and running next week. I just used the Feedback Tab on a different part of the website that was working, and I found an advocate that kept pinging the programmers about it. Shout out to those guys!
edwardray

Post by edwardray »

How did you manage to reach a developer?
The "Feedback" button only allows me to choose a frown or smiley face, so I can't even report my issue.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

edwardray wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:26 pm How did you manage to reach a developer?
The "Feedback" button only allows me to choose a frown or smiley face, so I can't even report my issue.
What Feedback button are you using? The feedback button that lets you enter some text, which gets sent to a service missionary and (if you're lucky and state in advance that you have already cleared your browser's cache and deleted cookies) sometimes gets routed to engineering is in the footer of this and similar pages: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/?lang=eng

Return to “Calendar”