2022 Tax Statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

2022 Tax Statements

Post by drepouille »

I've been waiting patiently for the official 2022 tax statements to appear. I see that the online donations page will be down for scheduled maintenance this Friday. Do you suppose that is just a coincidence, or do you think it is related to the official tax statements?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: 2022 Tax Statements

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:20 am Do you suppose that is just a coincidence, or do you think it is related to the official tax statements?
In the past, the annual tax statements have shown up sometime during the last week in January. I do not recall that happening in conjunction with a scheduled maintenance period.

I would check Friday evening just before the maintenance starts. Then I would check again on Saturday morning. It may be that they are using the maintenance period to post the statements, but I have no personal knowledge whether that is true or not.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Apparently those two events are unrelated, since they posted the offical tax statements on Thursday night (about ten hours ago) and the scheduled maintenance will happen tonight. That will surely frustrate folks who don't read the email notice until the shutdown has begun. I made a point to download my tax statement this morning.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:15 am . . . they posted the official tax statements on Thursday night
I received an email Thursday evening at 7:05 pm (mountain time) announcing that my statement was available.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Everything happens after I go to bed. They are all watching me.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”