Can't disable Liahona network

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
nitzer280

Can't disable Liahona network

Post by nitzer280 »

We intentionally diasble the Liahona network in our buildings on Sunday during sacrament meeting broadcasts, to minimize bandwidth contention. This morning, I am unable to disable WiFi in any of our three buildings. The "slider" will let me move it to the left, but when I refresh the screen, Liahona is still enabled. The change log shows me ENABLING the network over and over. It is impacting our ability to broadcast. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't disable Liahona network

Post by russellhltn »

If you don't need Liahona or Lehi, you could unplug the wireless APs from the switch as an emergency measure.

You could also try turning off from another device, or even clear the cookies. It might be a weird side effect of the known cookie issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nitzer280

Post by nitzer280 »

Thank you. Appreciate the quick reply!
nitzer280

Post by nitzer280 »

I'll probably contact SLC on Monday morning. With this behavior being consistent with all three of our buildings, I wonder if this is a bug from a recent firmware / OS rev on the networking equipment. I'll reply-all here when I get more info.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I had to wait for the building to empty out, but I'm seeing the same thing. Any attempt to disable Liahona or Lehi doesn't stick and shows in the log as "enabled".

I'm suspecting a botch in the command sent back such that all changes are "enable".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

On Saturday morning (Around 10.30am UK time) whilst using CNM, I found it took a very long time to actually load any of the firewalls in my stake. Each time I went to a different a firewall got the same revolving loading arrow. I'm wondering if there was some update going on and this where the issue described above has crept in?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Whatever it was, it looks like it's been fixed.

sjtaka

Post by sjtaka »

Is it really fixed?
I'm still having hard time disabling Liahona network in my building.
Log said Liahona SSID is disabled but I can still see and connect to the network from my device.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sjtaka wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:38 am Is it really fixed?
The original complaint is that when you tried to disable it, a page refresh would show it enabled. The setting wasn't sticking. That part did seem to get fixed.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sjtaka wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:38 am Log said Liahona SSID is disabled but I can still see and connect to the network from my device.
Last week for a stake conference webcast I went through the steps to disable the Wi-Fi in three buildings. Although I got absolutely no indication that Wi-Fi was disabled, I do know that in the building I was in the Wi-Fi turned off and I was no longer able to connect.

And when I turned it back on I was able to connect once again. While it was off, there was no SSID showing and I could not connect through Liahona.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”