Out of Unit record for Senior Care Center

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
DWin

Out of Unit record for Senior Care Center

Post by DWin »

I serve in a branch presidency specifically created for a senior assisted living center. A dozen or so of the members of the branch live in the center but their membership records are kept in their "home ward" per their family's request. In these situations can our branch clerk create an out of unit record for them such that they will show up in our branch records? It would make it a great deal easier to keep track of them and serve them accordingly.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Out of Unit record for Senior Care Center

Post by lajackson »

DWin wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:53 pm . . . can our branch clerk create an out of unit record for them such that they will show up in our branch records?
Yes, and I think that is a wonderful idea.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

General Handbook 33.6.8 covers the situation. Generally "Family request" doesn't carry much weight. However, I could see this creating a problem if someone appears "spouseless" in their ward directory.

I'd suggest discussing this with your stake president. One possibility is for you to have the membership record and have the other ward have the out-of-unit record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
DWin

Post by DWin »

Thank you for the quick responses!

Return to “Membership Help”