Permissions Missing from Access Table for Calendar?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Captain.Moroni

Permissions Missing from Access Table for Calendar?

Post by Captain.Moroni »

I had our Ward Building Scheduler contact me regarding trying create an event/reserve some rooms in our meetinghouse. However it notifies them to reach out to our Ward Clerk.
I looked at the Access Table and I don't see any callings listed for any kind building scheduler. Should there be? And is there permissions available for a Building Scheduler that just don't show on the access table?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Permissions Missing from Access Table for Calendar?

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure if the calling exists at the ward level. Someone who is an admin at the ward level could do that. (Or at least someone with edit rights to all the calendars.)

Generally Building Schedulers are set up by the stake. And this is an unusual calling in that the rights don't come from the calling, but from being set up in the app itself. Probably because the connection between the calling and the building involved isn't straightforward. At least not without making some assumptions.

Generally, wards should be doing their own scheduling in the calendar. By default the various priesthoods and auxiliaries can schedule their own events. When scheduling an event, they can block off the use of the building. As such, a building scheduler doesn't normally do day-to-day scheduling, but handles conflicts and scheduling private family events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Captain.Moroni wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:13 pm I looked at the Access Table
The only Access Table I know of is in LCR and is just for LCR Access. It wouldn't apply to the Calendar application.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

The only Access Table I know of is in LCR and is just for LCR Access. It wouldn't apply to the Calendar application.
Oh this is quite interesting! Loved russellhltn Community Administrator explanation of calling of building scheduler. But a bit confused on the Access Table portion. Our stake has building scheduler called for each unit and a stake building scheduler overseeing with a HC overseeing stake
building scheduler. In our case, ward building scheduler is a unit calling but access to edit and schedule approved private events is something
that is given thru stake administrator by calling. Duties of ward building scheduler are to oversee their unit's entries, help resolve conflicts, edit entries in their location (regardless of calendar), and to facilitate approval of private events. As russellhltn stated NOT part of their calling to enter regular events this is done thru the organizations. Ward building schedulers should only schedule LOCATION events such as carpet cleaning on their building location calendar and approved private events on the stake "private events" calendar (in our Stake).

I thought the Access Table applied to the calendar callings. Is this not the case? If so, how would I find out which callings have
what access. I do not have LCR access but at one time with help of someone with LCR access I documented what I thought was
access for each calling for EACH of our stake calendars.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:44 am I thought the Access Table applied to the calendar callings.
The access table people are referring to is in LCR and only covers LCR functions.

Access to calendar functions is set in the calendar. For example, one might set up the Relief Society President as having edit rights to a Relief Society calendar. But that's something a unit could change (or even eliminate the calendar completely). At least that's how the old calendar worked. The ability to edit those permissions hasn't been set up in the new calendar system yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

So my question would be Do established calendars have access granted "by calling" automatically when person is called and calling entered in LCR? That is my assumption because one of my choices has always been to add a calendar editor by name OR calling. As I have often told people that they must wait until their calling has been recorded on LCR to gain scheduling rights on the calendar. Until that is done I am of no help. As administrator on old calendar I could grant such access by name or calling. Hoping new calendar system will allow same.

I was just surprised Sunday when I asked a Bishop why he was scheduling a particular event and he said because others say they have no access.
I advised him to speak with ward clerk to grant access as he felt needed. This was reason my automatic rights question came up in the first place.

Thank you for your help and expert guidance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:08 am So my question would be Do established calendars have access granted "by calling" automatically when person is called and calling entered in LCR? That is my assumption because one of my choices has always been to add a calendar editor by name OR calling.
Certain callings are automatic administrators of the unit calendars. Such as the extended bishopric including secretary and clerks. Outside of that, calendars CAN set be set up by calling, but that's not guaranteed.
casper684 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:08 amAs administrator on old calendar I could grant such access by name or calling. Hoping new calendar system will allow same.
I expect it will, but what's missing is the web pages to set that up. For now, I believe the new calendar is using the old calendar's permission setup.
casper684 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:08 amI was just surprised Sunday when I asked a Bishop why he was scheduling a particular event and he said because others say they have no access.
There's the classic disclaimers: The calling must be a standard position, and it must be recorded for 24 hours. Scheduling can only be done on the webpage, not Member Tools or any other app.

Return to “Calendar”