Minutes for Membership Council

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
dandshall2

Minutes for Membership Council

Post by dandshall2 »

I am trying to find out what needs to be recorded for the Minutes for a Membership Council. I understand it is not word for word, but what information should be obtained? I see that we will record on LCR, even if it is informal membership restriction.
Untitled.png
I want to make sure I do make sure I get the needed information to record it into LCR, but since I never had to record one in LCR yet, I do not know what will be asked.
Thank you for any guidance.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Minutes for Membership Council

Post by lajackson »

dandshall2 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:47 am I am trying to find out what needs to be recorded for the Minutes for a Membership Council.
I would make written minutes of the council and then just follow the prompts at LCR. I am pretty sure you are able to edit and save your work along the way.

If you were to have questions, your bishop should be able to help you. He is the one who will approve the minutes anyway. If your bishop is new to the process, you might ask an experienced stake clerk to help you understand the information that might be requested.
BrianEdwards

Re: Minutes for Membership Council

Post by BrianEdwards »

I have no idea if this is what the instructions indicate, but I'd hope that the minutes would contain the relevant information a future Bishop might need when considering removing the restrictions. If I'm a new Bishop and it's time to review this case, I'd want enough details to know what to consider as evidence that the restriction can be removed. So details that might have been relevant to the initial proceedings but not relevant to future proceedings may not be required. Or maybe will be required ;)

As stated, the prompts will hopefully guide you along the way.

Return to “Reports and Forms”