Create a Seminary class circle for non-release time

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
emilypattee

Create a Seminary class circle for non-release time

Post by emilypattee »

I would love to create a circle for my seminary class. We live in Illinois and do not have release time, and it would be great to be able to share messages, reminders, videos or other electronic things via the circles app. The ward already uses it quite a bit for organization notifications. Who could create this custom group for me? Do I approach the stake secretary or someone in the ward? Or the seminary director?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Create a Seminary class circle for non-release time

Post by russellhltn »

emilypattee wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:56 am Who could create this custom group for me?
Unless something has changed, custom circles are not available at this time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

emilypattee wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:56 am I would love to create a circle for my seminary class. We live in Illinois and do not have release time, and it would be great to be able to share messages, reminders, videos or other electronic things via the circles app. The ward already uses it quite a bit for organization notifications. Who could create this custom group for me? Do I approach the stake secretary or someone in the ward? Or the seminary director?

Thanks!
Yep, still not available, use the feedback feature to add to the tally of end users who have asked for them, every ticket counts!
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I'd also add that for Seminary, you have an additional "chain-of-command" option to share feedback. I assume that your local CES Coordinator has communication with you as a seminary teacher, at least in some fashion. I know sometimes there's only a yearly training, other times the Coordinator also visits Stakes in some capacity during the year. I'd suggest having yourself (and if possible any/all other teachers who share your desire) directly contact the Coordinator with this exact request. My experience with CES Coordinators is that generally they are great champions for their local seminary teachers (especially out in the "mission field" where we don't have the additional structure that you find in Utah), and might become advocates who then send this up to their leaders.

Return to “Gospel Living App”