LDS Tools App

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
fandrizzi

LDS Tools App

Post by fandrizzi »

I've deleted and downloaded the Member Services App (LDS Tools) at least a dozen times because it was glitching. Every time now it doesn't populate any of the data or give me an opportunity to even login or create a new login account. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools App

Post by russellhltn »

If you're on iOS, see this post about turning on "background app refresh for WiFi".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dunnranch

Post by dunnranch »

Help! I can successfully login to the church's website and have complete access.
However, the LDS Tools app will not allow me to login.
I have, multiple times, used the "Need help signing in?" link and have updated my password online, however, the mobile app does not recognize the PW. It does allow me to move forward with my Username, but tells me I am using an invalid password, even though I just created it on the church website.
It's been like this for 2 weeks. I could really use some help on this one!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Member Tools App

Post by jdlessley »

Check to see if your password is at least 12 characters long and does not contain special characters. In some other topic threads others have noted that their issues were resolved when the password was at least 12 characters long and special characters were removed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dunnranch

Post by dunnranch »

Thank you for your response. Yes, my password satisfies all requirements and is what I am using to login to my account via the church website, but for some reason that same login and password does not work for the tools app. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you able to sign in on other Church mobile apps, like Gospel Library?

Which authentication option(s) do you have enabled under Account.ChurchofJesusChrist.org > Two-Step Verification? The mobile apps don't currently support the "Security Key or Built-in Authenticator" option, but the other ones should work.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bcblackb

Post by bcblackb »

I’m having the exact same issues, reported it and got zero help at all. It’s as if no body cares that the apps have a fundamental error and they are not willing to fix the issue. I’m seriously frustrated with it
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I’m having the exact same issues.....
Since the Forum participants are almost all of us regular church members like yourself, if you're hoping for helpful suggestions from the Forum, it would be best to include more details. Things often mentioned in other posts include whether you previously were able to use the Tools app but now cannot; if you did anything specific right before it stopped working or if it happened suddenly; if you can sign onto other mobile apps like Gospel Library; if you can sign on to your church account at churchofjesuschrist.org; what OS your device is (iPhone, Android, other), etc. The more specific you are about your specific situation, the better chance you have of getting a specific suggestion from Forum members that might help you out.
jkdehner

Post by jkdehner »

I was having issues with syncing on my LDS Tools app on my Android tablet. I finally gave up and deleted the app thinking I would just download it fresh from the Google Play Store, but it doesn't appear to be there as an app anymore.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I see it on the Google Play store when searching on my android cellphone. The app is called "Member Tools", but searching for "LDS Tools" also finds it for me.

I know the "it works for me" answer isn't very helpful, but that is what I see. Perhaps others might have ideas why you're not seeing it.

Return to “Member Tools”