Circles App

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
rldscoutmaster

Circles App

Post by rldscoutmaster »

Our ward is attempting to use the Gospel Living - Circles App. I’m listed as an administrator and I’m trying to remove individuals that no longer live in our ward (their records have been moved) from the circle lists. I’ve reached out to Church IT and didn’t receive any help.

I’ve sent in a number of “support requests” and the answers are not relevant to updating/removing from the list.

Does anyone know how to remove and/or a contact number for someone who can walk me thru this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Circles App

Post by russellhltn »

Verify the records have been moved out (and haven't returned). The names should no longer be in the ward directory, or in LCR.

In the Gospel Living app, log out and back in. That clears up a number of strange things.

Beyond that, I'm out of ideas.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rldscoutmaster

Post by rldscoutmaster »

Thanks but I’ve tried all of your recommendations and still no success. Is there a direct contact that I can speak with to fix this?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rldscoutmaster wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:23 pm Thanks but I’ve tried all of your recommendations and still no success. Is there a direct contact that I can speak with to fix this?
Your clerk should be able to give you the phone number for he Global Services Department.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Prior to reaching out to GSD, perhaps you could verify if other ward members also see those same individuals in the circle lists. Quite often issues like this are only visible to a single user, but other times it's generally visible. The more specific you are about the issue, the more specific the suggestions will be here on the user Forum. And having this info available will help anyone at the GSD who you talk to, so they can more quickly track down what might be going on.
grega

Post by grega »

Having the same issue. Members who have moved out of the ward (records gone, not in LCR, etc.) still show in Circles, and I have found no way to remove them. I've tried logging out and back in, deleting and re-installing the app - both to no avail. The app has a lot of potential, but this is a quirk that will prevent us from using it until there's a fix.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Another thought: are these members who moved out, actually able to participate in the Circles, or are their names there but not connected to their church accounts? Just wondering if perhaps they appear, but are just ghostly remnants. I'm not sure exactly what your concern is about having them still appear in the Circles, but if they show up but aren't really there, that's different than if they truly are still connected and able to see content and post to those Circles. If you still have a way to reach out to one of these former ward members, perhaps you could ask them if they see any Circle messages, or if from their side they are not linked.
grega

Post by grega »

BrianEdwards wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:42 am Another thought: are these members who moved out, actually able to participate in the Circles, or are their names there but not connected to their church accounts? Just wondering if perhaps they appear, but are just ghostly remnants. I'm not sure exactly what your concern is about having them still appear in the Circles, but if they show up but aren't really there, that's different than if they truly are still connected and able to see content and post to those Circles. If you still have a way to reach out to one of these former ward members, perhaps you could ask them if they see any Circle messages, or if from their side they are not linked.
You make a good point, and one I'd thought of but hadn't tested yet. I did test today and it appears that they are not getting the messages. So it's workable, just a bit untidy by showing the 'ghost' members. This likely isn't a big deal for wards with low to no turnover, but could create confusion in wards with high turnover that use the app. Regardless, it's a bug that needs fixing.
billtam1

Post by billtam1 »

My husband is the bishop of a married student ward and we have a lot of turn over and a lot of “left over” names. We even have been contacted by former members asking how to get out of our circles. Our wards use them a lot. This is how we communicate. Oh how I wish there was an answer. It’s maddening that they aren’t in tools or LCR but showing in Circles these should be synced.

Return to “Gospel Living App”