Updating Ordinance Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Hilohi

Updating Ordinance Records

Post by Hilohi »

I'm updating LCR with ordinance information based off hardcopies of records that I recently found while cleaning our clerk's office. Some of those ordinances were done by missionaries who have since returned home. LCR appears to require either the birthdate and name or the membership number of the person who performed the ordinance. I have the missionaries' names, but not their birthdates or membership numbers. Is there a way that I can get that information for missionaries who are no longer in the field?
garystroble

Re: Updating Ordinance Records

Post by garystroble »

Hilohi wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:00 am I'm updating LCR with ordinance information based off hardcopies of records that I recently found while cleaning our clerk's office. Some of those ordinances were done by missionaries who have since returned home. LCR appears to require either the birthdate and name or the membership number of the person who performed the ordinance. I have the missionaries' names, but not their birthdates or membership numbers. Is there a way that I can get that information for missionaries who are no longer in the field?
First place I would suggest is the mission office. They may yet have records on those who served in the mission. There used to be a way to record ordinances with just the date but not sure if that is still the case. Second place to try for help would be the GSD, see what they suggest or can help with the situation.

Return to “Membership Help”