Unable to see all members on map

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
RichardJMarlatt

Unable to see all members on map

Post by RichardJMarlatt »

On my wife's phone, she is able to click on the map and see a pin on the map for each member. We have the exact same phone (make/model) but I am not able to see all members on the map. Does anyone know how to make mine show everyone?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to see all members on map

Post by russellhltn »

What is your calling and what is your wife's calling? If she's part of the Ward Council (per the Handbook), she has the ability to see members that have set their privacy to "Leadership only". Their names should appear with a padlock icon showing they are private.

If you don't hold such a calling, then you won't be able to see them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RichardJMarlatt

Post by RichardJMarlatt »

I am in the EQ presidency. She is the Stake YM president. But she has always had access to this regardless of her calling. Basically, if I pull up any member and click on the map, I can only see the pin for that one household location. When she clicks on the map she sees that household along with a pin for each of the other households in the ward.

This works for me in the web version of the ward directory just not in the android mobile Tools app.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it.

Someone in our ward helped her change a setting to see all locations, I just can't figure out what setting I need to change. She can't remember who showed her, and we have compared settings on both phones.
ron09

Post by ron09 »

Did you figure it out? My android used to show all members on map, but now just the member you look up. Can't figure out what changed.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

This works for me in the web version of the ward directory just not in the android mobile Tools app.
I believe the Tools behavior is similar to what is available via LCR, and different than what is shown via https://directory.churchofjesuschrist.org/

In Tools, clicking the map for a member shows just the member's house mapped. In LCR, clicking the address for a member, brings up the map with just the member's house mapped. But on directory.churchofjesuschrist.org, the displayed map shows all the members' addresses mapped.

Others will remember better if Tools previously worked like the directory instead of LCR. But I personally prefer the Tools app on my cellphone having the LCR behavior. If my cellphone's display was cluttered with a ton of mapped addresses when I simply wanted to know where one member lived, that would be annoying (to me). And if I have to use my cellphone, I could always use a browser to navigate to the directory and see the ward map there.

But perhaps I misunderstood what you were pointing out.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

If you have a calling that lets you see the reports option then you can see the whole ward in the map in Tools. You have to go to one of the reports and click thru to the list of people then you can show them on the map. I often used the unit statistics, members or households.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

That's a really nifty feature I never noticed, thanks for pointing it out. Nice to be able to select a subset, or to select all at once and see them displayed :idea:

Return to “Android Member Tools App”