Stake access

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kelliswaner

Stake access

Post by kelliswaner »

I’m serving as a stake young womens president and do not have access to any youth information (not even names) of the young women in my stake. Is there any way around this?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Stake access

Post by rmrichesjr »

According to the access table in LCR (other -> access table), the stake young women's presidency should have access to view member profiles, member list, members moved out, members moved in, around a dozen other features. Possible reasons for difficulty accessing could be caused by the calling having been recorded within the past 24-48 hours (some data takes a while to migrate through the systems) or if the calling was not recorded as a standard calling. Please ask your stake clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmrichesjr wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:42 pm Possible reasons for difficulty accessing could be
Also, make sure the MRN on the account you're using belongs to you. Mistakes sometimes happen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I am not sure that stake leaders have access to youth information in the wards due to youth protection concerns. Their responsibility is to train the ward Young Women Presidency, not to shepherd their youth. I believe only the ward YW presidency (and bishopric) have access to those names.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:33 pm I am not sure that stake leaders have access to youth information in the wards due to youth protection concerns. Their responsibility is to train the ward Young Women Presidency, not to shepherd their youth. I believe only the ward YW presidency (and bishopric) have access to those names.
The reference for that statement is found in the Help Center, Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR), Frequently Asked Questions, Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?
rmrichesjr wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:42 pm According to the access table in LCR (other -> access table), the stake young women's presidency should have access to view member profiles, member list, members moved out, members moved in, around a dozen other features.
Access for the YW Presidency to membership information is only to view member profiles, and that is limited to adult members. There is access to 12 reports but that does not include any individual youth information.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

kelliswaner wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:29 pm I’m serving as a stake young womens president and do not have access to any youth information (not even names) of the young women in my stake. Is there any way around this?
Is there a way around this? I'd really ask myself this question? Why am I trying to get around this? Do those who maintain this information know what my calling is? Do I misunderstand what my calling is? Maybe this is something to counsel in your council (presidency) to see why that information would NOT be something the church automatically assigns to your role.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

jdlessley, thank you for that pointer to the FAQ entry and the explanation. It clarified that the access table in LCR is not inaccurate; it just doesn't have complete details.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

To the Op's original concern, there is a way around this. The stake clerk (or ward clerks or ward organization presidencies) can provide lists of the YW in the wards. Also, you have the option to send feedback via the Member Tools app or the LCR website requesting a change in the information your calling grants access to. If you don't want to go the feedback route, you can ask your Stake President to bring it up in the Coordinating Council that he is a member of.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is your role is to support and train the ward organization presidencies as they minister to their youth. As such, direct access to ward youth information is not part of your responsibility. My wife serves as Stake Primary President and she doesn't have access to see the primary children in the stake - she works through the ward Primary Presidencies to help them in their role to minister to the children that they are responsible for in their calling.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Another guess at what the OP may be interested in, could be in helping form Stake youth committees, or working with youth from the Stake who have been called/assigned to be involved in Stake-wide events. For those scenarios, perhaps one could reframe the "limitation" of always having to work through the wards to get youth info, as an "opportunity". Since the Stake leaders support local leaders (who in turn support parents with their youth), even when Stake leaders are directly interacting with youth, this hopefully is cascading back into their local Ward interactions. So having the Ward YW Presidency included in the "information flow" between the Stake YW Presidency and the local youth, could be a benefit to keep them in-the-loop.

Not discounting that it would be nice to have direct access to youth info, just trying to put a helpful spin on it... ;)
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

When the online Directory was rolled out, it never included access for the High Council OR any Stake Organizations - Much to their own chagrin, however, the initial rollout did allow all members of a stake to see all members of all families in all wards in the stake. Which meant that stake leaders could still at least look in the directory (tools) to see the list of young women or young men, the leadership, etc. However, somewhere in 2014/2015 timeframe the church limited members access to minor information in the directory - From that point forward we could only see all members in our own wards, and only adults in other wards within our stake.

It was at that time the need for the FAQ came out, the information referenced above to remind stake leaders that there really isn't a need for them to have the data being asked for in the OP. I realize that organizing something like Stake YW/YM Camps, Trek's Youth Conferences might be hard, but one thing this does is enforce a healthy communication strategy between stake organizations and ward/branch organizations - In my experience this can often get way out-of-control sometimes. Bypassing YW Leaders because of personality conflict, bypassing Bishops, bypassing Stake Presidencies, these are all things that lead to bad outcomes, bad feelings, and hard situations. I'm really glad that IT can find a way to help in scenarios like this.

Utilize your clerks they can do wonderful things for you if you just ask, but please don't ask them to 'bypass' what the church has put in place. If you need numbers, ask for numbers, you don't need names, birthdays, phone numbers, email addresses of every minor in the stake just to call a stake youth committee, or to organize a stake yw camp. Work with ward leaders, use demographics from the clerks for planning purposes, stop feeling entitled to my daughters mobile number just because it might be 'easier' in your mind if you had the access you need. It would be easier if I didn't have to rely on my Bishopric to implement the youth program, but I can't get around that either, we're just stuck with some things in the church, this one of those.

Stepping off Sandbox
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Church Account”