How Do We Contact Developers for Church Apps?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
erinbrookefowler

How Do We Contact Developers for Church Apps?

Post by erinbrookefowler »

Hello, I am inquiring about how I may contact the developers for the LDS tools app?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How Do We Contact Developers for Church Apps?

Post by jdlessley »

erinbrookefowler wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:32 am Hello, I am inquiring about how I may contact the developers for the LDS tools app?
The LDS Tools app is no longer supported. There is support for the Member Tools app through the app's Contact Us link in the Help menu.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

jdlessley wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:34 am
erinbrookefowler wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:32 am Hello, I am inquiring about how I may contact the developers for the LDS tools app?
The LDS Tools app is no longer supported. There is support for the Member Tools app through the app's Contact Us link in the Help menu.
Well, that was a bit snarky :)

As suggested, the tools app has a help section where you can provide feedback, but beware, this app isn't developed for the users, it's developed for church departments who have a rotation where developers 'implement' something for that department in the app. End User suggestions are kept in good faith, and if a department happens to also ask for the same thing it'll get in there, but beware, it's just how the church roles with these apps.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You didn't say why you wanted contact, but the church doesn't make them available for conversations with end users.

Perhaps I can simply things if I point out that the Tool's functionally is set by business rules handed down from above and vetted by the legal department. If you're wanting to make a change in what it can do, you need to go above the developers to whatever office is involved. Perhaps the Presiding Bishopric.

The only place developers have some control is in fixing bugs and how the UI is implemented. The best way to pass that information is via the feedback in the app.

If it's to volunteer to help, the church only uses employees for these kinds of apps. They explored community development in the past, but apparently it didn't work out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”