Inactive member list

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jackwmoore

Inactive member list

Post by jackwmoore »

Hi,

I’m just wondering if anyone knows if there is an inactive members list?
I’ve been asked by a newly called RS President who is also new to the ward if I have such a list so they know where to focus their efforts.
I’ve had a look in LCR and I can’t find anything that might resemble this.
I’ve also had a go at trying to create a custom report for this purpose, as I can see references to such a report being created in MLS based on a member being baptised and their recorded class attendance (can’t remember the threshold)
Thanks all :)
Jack Moore
Ward Clerk

Ether 12:27
"for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
davesudweeks

Re: Inactive member list

Post by davesudweeks »

There is not such a list, nor is there anywhere to record "activity" on a membership record (you can look at class attendance, but it may not be accurate). I would advise her to counsel with their presidency and the bishopric (and EQ Presidency) to decide where the focus should be.
mhsmith19

Post by mhsmith19 »

I was asked for a similar list by the missionary committee. While I take attendance during Sacrament meeting each week, I do not care to get anywhere near the line of determining who might be less active. I did create a custom report for them that contains households where no ministering brothers or sisters are assigned to help them get started.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mhsmith19 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:27 pm I did create a custom report for them that contains households where no ministering brothers or sisters are assigned to help them get started.
That depends on how ministering has been assigned.

From Handbook 21.2.1 (emphasis mine):
Dedicated ministering brothers and sisters should be assigned to members who have the greatest need. These may include new members, single parents, widows, widowers, and less-active members.
Perhaps a better starting point is a list of members with no callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I'd hope the new RS President is also counseling with the Bishop for his input on where to focus their efforts. They may counsel together whether it's best for a generalized outreach to the less-active sisters, or a more targeted outreach to begin with. If that's the case, he may provide helpful "subcategories" for the RS Presidency to consider, such as endowed sisters with no current temple recommend. Your answer will be specific to your current needs, but the Bishop is always a great resource, especially for a new RS President.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrianEdwards wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:46 pm I'd hope the new RS President is also counseling with the Bishop for his input on where to focus their efforts.
I'd hope the ward council would be doing that as a group. (See Handbook 29.2.5). However, I fear all too often it becomes a calendar coordination, or where organizations report on how well the last activity went.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”