Cannot reset Church account because of old phone number and email

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
smithds0

Cannot reset Church account because of old phone number and email

Post by smithds0 »

I am having trouble resetting and gaining access to my church account. I have been inactive and have not access the account in years. I do not know the username or password. The email and phone number associated with this account are old and no longer accessible by me so I cannot use those methods. I have my membership ID but it want to send the access code to the old phone number in my account profile. I talked with the ward clerk and he just threw up his hands and said that he does not know how to help me, good luck. The global service center number says that it is only for clerks and other tech folks. Please help, honestly, I have had an issue trying to reset an account like this before. Even all my banking and SS accounts have been easier to reset. Thanks so much.
Biggles

Re: Cannot reset Church account because of old phone number and email

Post by Biggles »

The ward clerk should have given you global service number as they will only deal directly with you. You can explain to him when it comes to this type of issue the reasons why. The global number has different options for different departments, it isn’t just for clerks and other tech folks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:37 am The global number has different options for different departments, it isn’t just for clerks and other tech folks.
The last time I called, the GSD also had an option for members who were calling with problems.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:44 pm
Biggles wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:37 am The global number has different options for different departments, it isn’t just for clerks and other tech folks.
The last time I called, the GSD also had an option for members who were calling with problems.
The automated call-in menus change from time to time. A caller needing church account support help will have to go through a few automated call-in options. The current options are first the language option, then select option 3 (members or friends of the church), then select option 4 (other).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”