This application requires a valid email address. Please click the link below to go to your Church Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
nathangg

This application requires a valid email address. Please click the link below to go to your Church Account

Post by nathangg »

I just helped a member with this error:

This application requires a valid email address. Please click the link below to go to your Church Account and update your primary email address

(image attached. It was when they were trying to login to the donations webpage and the error had the title, "Welcome to Online Donations")

The solution:

Use the "Forgot username" link on the login page and type in their email address.
In the email, it said they had two church accounts associated with that email address.
They were able to reset the password of the church account they didn't recognize (you can reset the password on the login page and click "Forgot password") and login to https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org ... nformation
They saw that there was no membership record number associated with this account, so they clicked "Delete Account" (WARNING: we first confirmed that no MRN was associated with this account).

After deleting this secondary account, and changing their primary email address, they were able to login to the church donation web site. (I'm not sure if they had to change their primary email address, but we changed it just to be sure).

Thank you,
Nathan

(Note: I'm adding this here because I searched for the phrase "This application requires a valid email address" in the forum search and nothing showed up, so I'm hoping that anyone receiving this error in the future might be able to find out what we did to help a member get around the issue).
Attachments
2023-03-11 15_42_23-Messages for web.png
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: This application requires a valid email address. Please click the link below to go to your Church Account

Post by russellhltn »

nathangg wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:48 pm They saw that there was no membership record number associated with this account, so they clicked "Delete Account" (WARNING: we first confirmed that no MRN was associated with this account).
You might also make sure this isn't associated with something like Gospel Library and it has all your scripture bookmarks, tags, and notes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”