Calendar Weekly View

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
peparsons

Calendar Weekly View

Post by peparsons »

I know Calendar 4 is a work in progress. I'm not complaining - just providing honest feedback.

The weekly view is no use to me. Until the issues with it are fixed, it may as well be removed.
The issues are:
  1. There's only room to show 1 all-day event per day. If there's more than 1 (unless the event has a very short title) the name is truncated by "+ 2" or whatever. I know I can click on it, but if I'm looking for an event, it involves a lot of clicking and searching.
  2. Events which are not all-day are shown in the calendar in the hour in which they start. There's no way of knowing the start time or end time/duration without clicking on the event. I find this an irritation, but somebody who is not familiar with the eccentricities of Calendar could easily be confused into thinking every event starts on the hour and lasts an hour.
  3. When there's more than 1 event starting in the same hour, only 1 is shown - same problems as with all-day events.
Paul
unixguy

Re: Calendar Weekly View

Post by unixguy »

Although I usually find myself using the monthly view, I do use the weekly view occasionally. Generally when I (as Ex. Sec) am reviewing calendar items for the upcoming two months, I can go through week by week and don't have to worry about not having enough space to see all of the entries for a given day.
BrianEdwards

Re: Calendar Weekly View

Post by BrianEdwards »

@peparsons, just a heads-up that this is primarily a member-to-member help forum, and any feedback provided here will almost assuredly never be seen by anyone at "Church IT" who can record and track it for consideration. If you had a question on whether anybody on the Forum knows workarounds to get the weekly view working better, you may have success. Otherwise, the only real option is to use the "Feedback" functionality and hope that your voice is added to others and action is (eventually) taken.

Return to “Calendar”