WISE2 for Stake Seminary Forum?

Discussions about other Church websites
martyriker

WISE2 for Stake Seminary Forum?

Post by martyriker »

Is there a place for Stake Called Seminary Instructors, or Supervisors, or High Councilors can share what they have learned or see if others can help solve WISE2 (or WISE) issues?

As much as I use and love the GSC (Global Service Center), there are some times that at end users do the best teaching of one another.
martyriker

Re: WISE2 for Stake Seminary Forum?

Post by martyriker »

I am a Stake High Councilor over Seminary, and was previously a Stake Seminary Supervisor, so I have pretty good access into WISE2. Today a Stake Called Instructor asked me how to delete a class that wasn't held, but she accidentally marked the students present. Now that the class is in the past, she is not able to change the attendance to null, and thereby editing the class period from the Class Calendar. How is this corrected?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I would expect that this Forum could potentially become such a place, all kinds of sub-threads exists about topics that members post about hoping that others might know something about. I would expect that it's unlikely you could get enough critical mass of seminary personnel involved, unless CES was somehow making it happen. I'd talk directly with your S&I Coordinator and see if (a) he is aware of any other forum like you discuss, and if not then (b) whether the Church Tech Forum might be an option and what support S&I could provide to help make it work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Forums/sub-forums are created as needed to keep messages organized. Right now, there doesn't seem to be enough traffic about the Seminary system to consider creating one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sandylaury

Post by sandylaury »

yo no puedo entrar
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

yo no puedo entrar
More details would help -- since this is not Official Tech Support and everybody here (for the most part) is a regular member like yourself, nobody here would be tasked with following up. Have you previously been able to log into WISE2, but now are unable? Are you a newly-called teacher trying to log in for the first time? What information were you given about how to log into your WISE2 account?
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

I was able to access a Yammer (Viva Engage) for WISE.

Go to Wise / Home screen
Click the Help box to open Help Center
Expand the 2nd FAQ - Where do I go for help
Click the WISE Yammer link
Sign in with user@churchofjesuschrist.org (as I recall)
Request access to the group.

When approved you'll be able to see discussions from other users.
dlabadie

Post by dlabadie »

We have a new seminary supervisor in our stake (she's been a seminary teacher for a few years). I've put her in as the Seminary Supervisor in LCR (3 days ago). She's now telling me that she doesn't have access to WISE2. Is there a place that I can check on that or change her permissions accordingly?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

The first thing I would recommend is to make sure she is in a standard calling and not a custom calling. Custom callings have an asterisk next to them and provide no rights to anything (even if they are named the same as a standard calling). Another possibility is she has more than one calling and she needs to select the Seminary Supervisor calling in LCR to access the Seminary Supervisor tools.
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

Search for the person in the WISE Employee directory. By Name.

Make sure when you find them, they have an Employee profile.

When I search for myself there are 2 sections in the results. One that shows Name, Username, SIS ID, Employee ID, and another section that shows my Job Code and Program assignment.

We had an instructor who didn't get a job code for some reason and couldn't get into WISE. It took some ticket escalations to get her re-into the system (She'd been in the system several years ago)

Return to “Other Websites”