Gospel Library for Nonmembers

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
maryltaylor2001

Gospel Library for Nonmembers

Post by maryltaylor2001 »

Is it possible to have non members login to have access the scriptures, Come Follow Me, Conference and other resources in the Gospel Library? We have a Come Follow Me study group and one non member doesn’t have access to the gospel library. Are they able to register for an account and would they be able to login to the gospel library to access to resources and to save notes and highlights?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Library for Nonmembers

Post by russellhltn »

I wasn't aware that GL required a login. Even if it did, I doubt if it requires a membership.

I'd be more concerned the non-member doesn't have a new enough phone to run a version of GL that's still supported with current content.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hollyjackson

Post by hollyjackson »

I am also interested in this option being available. My whole family is now required to log in every time we open Gospel Library and it has become frustrating. Especially when the WiFi and Cell Reception is terrible at the building. The log in popping up at when opening Gospel Library does not make the app feel welcoming and inclusive.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

hollyjackson wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:44 pm The log in popping up at when opening Gospel Library does not make the app feel welcoming and inclusive.
Are you actually having to log in to Gospel Library, or are you referring to the splash screen acknowledgment that pops up so that you may access the Church WiFi network?

They are two different things. The WiFi splash screen pops up every day. I am hardly ever asked to log in to Gospel Library.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

A Church Account is not required to use Gospel Library. However, there's an authentication bug in iOS Member Tools 4.8.0 (released last month) that affects other Church apps (Church apps use single-sign-on), where signing in to Member Tools can cause other apps like Gospel Library to get into a partially-signed-in state (signed in but not fully signed in). Until Member Tools is updated (hopefully in the next week or so), the fix/workaround is to go to Settings in Gospel Library and fully sign out (which clears the bad state), then sign in again.

There's no need to sign in if you're just reading content, but signing in is encouraged if you use any of the note or annotation tools, like notebooks, study plans, highlighting, etc. – signing in backs up the annotations so they're not lost if something happens to your app or phone and the app needs to be installed again. Anyone can create a Church Account – member or nonmember – at Account.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”