Ward Budget Newbie

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
michael.hill9

Ward Budget Newbie

Post by michael.hill9 »

The budget page on LCR only shows expenses from the various CYs.
The Income and Expense Details shows the quarterly budget allocations, about $10,000 MXN per quarter.
The transfers page shows that we have about $58,000 MXN available for transfer.

Why isn't all this information in the same place, on the same page, i.e. under the budget page? Am I missing something?

Where do I have to go to see all available assets/allocations/liabilities all in the same place?

Is there any Church produced training that teaches how to use LCR/LCRFFE? If not, there should be!

Most of LCR is rather intuitive, but the budget piece is NOT.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
eblood66

Re: Ward Budget Newbie

Post by eblood66 »

The Budget Summary and Prepare Annual Budget tabs of the Budget page have pretty much everything you need.

The Prepare Annual Budget tab shows:

1. Your balance forward from the previous year.
2. Your quarterly allocations (for quarters that have been paid)
3. Your estimated quarterly allocations (for future quarters)
4. Any other transfers to/from the Budget Allocations category (in the Allowance Adjustments line).
5. The amounts assigned to each budget category
6. The total available budget for the year (Annual Budget Estimated/Actual line)
7. The total amount assigned to budget categories (the Budget Assigned by Unit line)
8. Any available budget that hasn't been assigned yet (the Available to Assign line)

The Budget Summary will show you:

1. The budgeted amount (right after 'of' -- same value as 7 above)
2. The unspent portion of the budget (the Budget Balance)
3. The total budget spent (well, this is indirect--subtract item 2 from item 1 here)
4. The allocated, spent and balance for each budget category.

This should be everything that you need to manage the budget.

The only thing that isn't there is whether you've spent more during the year than you've received and had carried over (i.e whether your total budget account is negative). But unless you have very large expenses very early in the year, that is almost never a problem. If you do feel you need that, then it's found on the Income/Expense Summary.
michael.hill9

Post by michael.hill9 »

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Makes me wonder whether this is a problem created by the Stake.

On my page:
- there is no “Plan Annual Budget” tab 🤷‍♂️
- “of” on my page is 0.00
- because of that 👆🏽 we have a $420 MXN deficit

This must mean that the Stake is not forwarding the money in the system and is only providing funds at the end of the year to close us out.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

You might want to have a discussion with your stake clerk. He is responsible for training ward clerks and should be able to answer your questions specifically as he can see the information for your ward from the stake budget.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

michael.hill9 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:47 pm Thanks for responding so quickly!

Makes me wonder whether this is a problem created by the Stake.

On my page:
- there is no “Plan Annual Budget” tab 🤷‍♂️
- “of” on my page is 0.00
- because of that 👆🏽 we have a $420 MXN deficit

This must mean that the Stake is not forwarding the money in the system and is only providing funds at the end of the year to close us out.
If you are a clerk, then there should be a drop down box toward the upper right part of the screen. Make sure it 'Unit Leader/Clerk' is selected. Otherwise you'll be shown the view intended for an organization president which doesn't include the 'Plan Annual Budget' tab.
budget.png
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When on the LCR > Finance > Budget page look to the right of the tab(s) and make sure you have selected 'Unit Leader/Clerk' in the organization position drop-down list box. Without the 'Prepare Annual Budget' tab being displayed then I suspect a ward organization other than 'Unit Leader/Clerk' is displayed. This would explain why the allocation amount (after "of") is 0.00. I also suspect the ward allocations for each ward organization have not been made. By making sure 'Unit Leader/Clerk' is selected will allow you to see all three tabs; 'Budget Summary', 'Prepare Annual Budget', and 'Manage Categories'.

Edit: eblood66 said most of this before me while I was composing my response.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”