Ex-member Obtaining Patriarchal Blessing

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Natvam502

Ex-member Obtaining Patriarchal Blessing

Post by Natvam502 »

How do I go about getting a copy of my patriarchal blessing. I haven't been a member for some time. Thanks in advance
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Ex-member Obtaining Patriarchal Blessing

Post by rmrichesjr »

There are a lot of people who think they're ex-members but are really still on the books. Membership status does not just evaporate by itself. Unless you know you had your name officially removed from Church records, it's likely you're still a member. If so and if your MRN is connected to your Church account, you should be able to go the main Church website main page ( https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/?lang=eng ) and click on the 3x3 dots near the upper right-hand corner of the page. Click on 'Partiarchal Blessing' and follow the instructions.

If you need your MRN to check your actual membership status, please use the Meetinghouse Locator ( https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/maps/meetinghouses/ ) to find the phone number of the bishop for your current ward.
BrianEdwards

Re: Ex-member Obtaining Patriarchal Blessing

Post by BrianEdwards »

And if you are an ex-member, I'd suspect your best option is still to go through the Bishop of your current ward location. He can contact Church support and explain the situation, I expect for situations like this there may be a process that may not be generally known, but that the Support personnel can help the Bishop navigate. Having your patriarchal blessing is a great guide for everyone in their lives, hopefully you can find a way to get a copy of yours.

Return to “Church Account”