Downloaded audio not available off wifi

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dr.olsonmi

Downloaded audio not available off wifi

Post by dr.olsonmi »

I like to download the audio onto my (android) phone so that I'm not using data while driving. This used to work beautifully, but lately, I have been experiencing two issues:

1. I download the audio while on wifi, but when I turn it on while on the road, it goes to text-to-speech instead. My work-around is to go to the list of downloaded audio in the settings menu and select there what I want to listen to. But whenever I try to play the downloaded audio from the book itself, it's always text-to-speech.

2. Occasionally, when I go to play my downloaded audio from the settings menu, I find that all of my downloads have been removed. I don't tell it to remove the downloads - they are just gone. I then have to wait until I'm on wifi again, redownload everything, then navigate through the downloaded media section of the settings menu to find what I want.

These didn't used to be problems. I don't know if it happened with an update or what, but it has made it very difficult to use the app during my commute.

I was about to report it as a bug, but wanted to check here if anyone else is having the same issues, or if it's just my phone. If anyone has had this issue in the past and figured it out, could you help me out? Thanks!
czarofthefrozentundra

Re: Downloaded audio not available off wifi

Post by czarofthefrozentundra »

I'm having the exact same issues.

1) Downloaded audio will not be recognized unless mobile data is on while I am driving. I can then turn it off, and it will be recognized for the remainder of the trip.

2) My downloaded audio is continously being deleted for unknown reasons. I try to have the New Testament, Book of Mormon and Come Follow Me downloaded to avoid using data on my daily commute, but they inevitably get removed. I haven't been able to figure out the pattern of when it is being removed.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”