Ordinances Ready: Select the number?

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
neil125

Re: Ordinances Ready: Select the number?

Post by neil125 »

Does anyone know why 'ordinances ready' or 'temple file name lists restrict the numbers of baptisms?
I understand appointment lengths and time constraints but even in the absence of these, 'shared temple name lists' are clearly restricted to 4 or 5 per youth>
davesudweeks

Re: Ordinances Ready: Select the number?

Post by davesudweeks »

neil125 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:13 am Does anyone know why 'ordinances ready' or 'temple file name lists restrict the numbers of baptisms?
I understand appointment lengths and time constraints but even in the absence of these, 'shared temple name lists' are clearly restricted to 4 or 5 per youth>
The second post in this thread indicates the number is specified by the Temple Department. We can speculate, but it's likely no one on this user-to-user discussion forum really knows why they set this number. I believe the tool was built to help an individual get names for a single session when they cannot find any on their own or they don't have them printed when they arrive at a temple (as it pulls first from their own reservation list). You can reserve up to 300 names individually on FamilySearch if you want to get more to share with a group.

Return to “Family History”