Tithing

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
alvarezmarge

Tithing

Post by alvarezmarge »

Hi, just a small question. Is it okay if I disclose my earning salary to our bishop regarding my tithing interview? Not the exact salary I get but I just gave him numbers as an example. You know what I mean?
caillines

Re: Tithing

Post by caillines »

I personally don't see anything wrong with disclosing salary related items to your bishop if that's a discussion you feel you need to have.
alvarezmarge

Post by alvarezmarge »

Okay, thanks!
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

As a reminder, as outlined in General Handbook 34.3.1.2, your tithing declaration is exactly that -- a declaration. The Bishop does not need to know how much you earned in order for you to declare yourself a full (or partial) tithe-payer. That said, I always encourage members to ask the Bishop any questions they have -- Bishops would much rather have members that ask them lots of questions, than members who hardly ever ask them anything!

It may be that you are looking for guidance regarding what types of income fall into the "tithing" category, and that you are desirous to make sure you are a full tithe-payer. In that case, having sample numbers that you can discuss with your Bishop, may help both of you talk through the principle of tithing and offerings, and he can support you as you personally look to the Lord to answer any questions.
alvarezmarge

Post by alvarezmarge »

Thanks for the info!

Return to “General Discussions”