Permission to perform ordinances

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
tvwestover

Permission to perform ordinances

Post by tvwestover »

I would like to do the temple work for someone who has not been dead for 110 years. It says that I have to have permission to do so. I have requested permission and submitted the contact information for a close relative that can give the needed permission. I did that a month or so ago and haven't heard anything back. I have a recommend. I just don't know how to find the status of my request
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Permission to perform ordinances

Post by jdlessley »

[moderator note: This thread was split from another topic thread because the topics are different. The other topic dealt with living ordinances. This topic deals with ordinances for the dead.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Permission to perform ordinances

Post by russellhltn »

tvwestover wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:54 am I would like to do the temple work for someone who has not been died before then.
Just to clarify, it only applies to someone born in the last 110 years, not who died in the last 110.

FamilySearch: What is the 110-year policy, and why was it initiated?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”